[SOLVED] PSU making weird clicking sound

Apr 25, 2021
Hello, i suddenly started getting weird clicking noises from my psu only when the fan is spinning. My psu is Seasonic 750W FOCUS GX-750 and it is just 11 months old. Here is the link for the Audio clip. View: https://imgur.com/a/2RdlYIh

Specs:

MB: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
AIO: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2
GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1060 OC 6GB
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z NEO DDR4 3600 Mhz 32 GB (2x16)

Reactions: SemthexX
Solution
The only moving part in your PSU is your fan, this definitely does NOT sound like coil whine so the fan is the most logical option. Try removing your PSU from your system and spin the fan manually with a pen or something, try to notice if there is anything touching the fan blades. You can also try powering on the system with your PSU out of your case to observe it better.
The only moving part in your PSU is your fan, this definitely does NOT sound like coil whine so the fan is the most logical option. Try removing your PSU from your system and spin the fan manually with a pen or something, try to notice if there is anything touching the fan blades. You can also try powering on the system with your PSU out of your case to observe it better.

Solution
Apr 25, 2021
I tested with PSU out of the case and did not see anything on the blades, i ran the system and the clicking was still there but not as bad as it was before. I decided to put the PSU back to the case the other way around so that the fan would be facing towards the grill below where the PSU sits and seems like that fixed it atleast for now.