Question PSU noise issues in ASUS PRIME AP201 case.

Kasno

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
PSU noise issues in ASUS PRIME AP201 case.

The Build

I've build this PC last week, first with the CoolerMaster Masterwatt 750, which had noise issues: https://streamable.com/60qnus
The build was running super well, and otherwise absolutely silent.

Then I swapped to the, here recommended, Enermax Rvolution D.F. 750, which is also constantly having this weird noise like a deep car engine: https://streamable.com/g0zva4
Unfortunately, also the Crucial MX500, which I run as a secondary drive is nowhere to be found, neither in BIOS nor in the storage device manager. I swapped, SATA power connectors and tried another SATA cable, without success.

Could the noise issues stem from the fact, that the PSU is vertically mounted into the case?

I can hear the Coolermaster noise and agree it is annoying.

Enermax noise is extremely faint and sounds smooth and even. Not sure what the complaint is, but maybe it just isn't obvious in the recording?

Never heard of PSU mounting direction being a factor, but I guess possible as gravity will affect internal components to some very slight degree...5 thousandths of an inch variation might cause a fan to sound different.

I was investigating that case....it looks like you CANNOT use the on/off switch on the PSU at all because it is concealed behind side panels. Do I have that correct?

What do you think of that case generally? A dust magnet due to the overall mesh, or not?

May 17, 2023
I can confirm not having any noise issues with MSI A850G.

What do you think of that case generally? A dust magnet due to the overall mesh, or not?
The case is amazing. Bottom GPU intake, Top AIO intake and rear exhaust creates a positive pressure inside, which helps with the dust by pushing air out of the case in every direction. The only problem with this configuration is that the top intake doesn't have a dust filter, but adding one is super easy with magnetic filters, there's enough room.

May 17, 2023
I was investigating that case....it looks like you CANNOT use the on/off switch on the PSU at all because it is concealed behind side panels. Do I have that correct?
The top panel opens up very easily and you can easily access the switch after removing that. But it wouldn't make sense if you have a habit of switching it off after every use.