Discussion PSU recommendations and power supply discussion thread - Tom's hardware

Page 57 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Yay, another entry level Corsair power supply, and look, they're on the RGB bandwagon now for power supplies too.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...s/iCUE-CXF-RGB-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020217-NA

rAzErR7.jpg
I find it interesting that even on the "technical specifications " page, they don't list the amperages available on each of the rails....just sayin'.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
My point was that an obvious technical specification was NOT listed under technical specifications. To my mind, the "overview" is where all the advertising hype is listed, and therefore taken with a large grain of salt!
Think you're trying to make a point that isn't there. Why would they create a graph like that and then try to make it look better than it really is?

It's RGB. 'Nuff said.
So you don't like rgb, i don't really like rgb, but some do and i guess they could have taken a worse psu to add it to.

Last edited:
Think you're trying to make a point that isn't there. Why would they create a graph like that and then try to make it look better than it really is?

I wasn't questioning the quality of the graph, simply it's location on the website. I don't want them to "make it look better than it is", I want to find technical specifications on the "tech specs" page.

Newegg is better at providing Corsair specs, than Corsair is. Being a marketing driven company, it's not particularly surprising that they elect to not be terribly and easily transparent with some specifications and being overly helpful with others.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I guess it's not just as simple as being that having "F RGB" at the end means "It's a regular CX, just with RGB," is it?

EDIT:
"it's 99% the same as a vengence silver" -jonny guru
Well, if that's the case, it's . . a slight step up from the CX? Maybe that's what the F part represents?

In which case, I wonder if they'll have a CXF non-RGB as well?

Just scored a leadex Iii 650w for £80 delivered.

https://www.box.co.uk/Super-Flower-Leadex-III-650W-80-Plus-Gol_2711177.html

I've been waiting for the rmx to come back in stock on amazon for so long now that I've just had to bite the bullet.

Some of the reviews on it have thrown me a bit with the fairly bad ripple results but I can't keep running my 5700xt on the cxm550 I'm currently using.

Hoping I've made the right decision here, I would have gone with the txm but the fans corsair use on the cx and tx models drive me nuts, they have a whine I just can't cope with.