[SOLVED] PSU suddenly stopped working after swapping it out

Oct 17, 2021
Hello everyone, today I had a very weird thing happen to my PC. I was helping my brother troubleshoot a power issue with his computer, so I decided (after confirming that the psu was compatible with his system) to unplug my own power supply from my computer and connect it to his to see if we could manage to get a boot. Nothing, the PC was receiving absolutely no power, no system LED turned on and nothing happened when jumping the power pins on the motherboard. This made me rule out a PSU issue, so I went and put my power supply back inside my PC, but now my system is completely dead as well. No LEDs, absolutely no power, nothing. I tried reseating all the cables, unplugging them and plugging them back in, tried connecting the power supply t another power socket, absolutely nothing worked. I am 100% confident everything is plugged in correctly, this is not my first rodeo dealing with computer hardware so I know how to connect everything correctly to a PSU.
Sooo, at this point I am kind of lost, I never had a similar issue before and I am pretty sure there is no way plugging my psu to my brother's pc could have fried it, as I am using a very reliable PSU (EVGA SuperNova G3). Anyone has ever had a similar issue or has any idea what could possible have happened?
My PC was running perfectly fine with 0 issues before this happened.

Probably useless information but my other components are:
Ryzen 7 3800X
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super
As mentioned EVGA SuperNova G3 650w PSU

Everything is pretty new, I put this system together just a little over a year ago.

Oct 17, 2021

ok, well, this is embarassing. I took the PSU back out, and as I was unplugging everything to do the test I noticed the 10pin of the 24pin that plugs into the power supply wasn't pushed in all the way causing an improper contact 🤦‍♂️. Gave it a nice push and what do you know, the pc came back to life. I mentioned I plugged everything in correctly but apparently I should have made sure everything was actually pushed in ALL THE WAY lol. Thanks for the help, it actually made me realize what was wrong!

Reactions: rocktalkrock