[SOLVED] PSU switch stuck on on. Is that okay?

Feb 15, 2021
I was using the computer the whole day and when I was about to turn it off, I noticed that the switch on the back of my case (for the psu) is stuck on on. I tried flipping it off but it just bounces back to on. It’s stuck.

Just wanted to ask how to fix this or if it’s okay to leave it as it is, in case, I can’t do anything about it right now.

I can’t afford to switch it and get it stuck on off since I have work the whole week. I’d rather have it stuck on on.

I’ve read somewhere that it’s okay to leave the switch on and that it doesn’t really cost anything. Just don’t abruptly unplug it while it’s still on.

My PSU is Thermaltake Tough Power GX1 RGB 700w.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Solution
You may not bother if switch is left in turned on position. It will not switch off by itself. If you want to switch off the computer, use extension cord with switch. Easier to use instead of struggling to reach a switch behind PC case too.

If you want to repair PSU by itself, find out which switch is used in PSU. Supported amperage must match to PSU current demand from mains for 110V and 250V. Most likely it will be 250V/6-10A rocker switch like this one.
You may not bother if switch is left in turned on position. It will not switch off by itself. If you want to switch off the computer, use extension cord with switch. Easier to use instead of struggling to reach a switch behind PC case too.

If you want to repair PSU by itself, find out which switch is used in PSU. Supported amperage must match to PSU current demand from mains for 110V and 250V. Most likely it will be 250V/6-10A rocker switch like this one.

Solution
Feb 15, 2021
That should be fine I very rarely use the PSU switch can always just pull the mains out if you need to

Not a big deal, maybe for your own peace of mind you can try fixing/replacing it but other than that it shouldn't give you an issue.

Thanks guys!! Hearing those is such a relief. I'll leave it as it is for the moment. The switch does look like the one you sent (rocker switch.) Thanks again!