Discussion PSU tier list discussion thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NightHawkRMX

Polypheme
Ambassador
don't want to refresh my memory regarding that thread as i've tried to make a genuine discussion about it
Then if you don't remember that thread correctly and don't want to bother checking, you shouldn't be making such FALSE accusations about the author of that thread nor the thread itself. Period.

If you didn't want discussion about that thread here you should not have made such accusations regarding that thread here either.

Its really simple actually.

Reactions: King_V

Darkbreeze

Retired Mod
You're quoting a review for Platinum version.
Can't say Platinum version is good,
You know as well as I do that the Platinum versions of ANY platform are going to always be better in 99.9% of cases. Which means that any identical review done by Aris of the Gold version, is going to almost without doubt be the same or marginally worse in all areas. I know, not always, but mostly. Often enough to assume it without evidence to the contrary.

Darkbreeze

Retired Mod
I'm curious as to how you came to the ranking of the Zalman GigaMax GVII on tier three, since I can't seem to find ANY reviews of this unit anywhere, not for any capacity designation? If you have a source to a reputable review of some kind, I'd be interested in you sharing that. Thanks.

Juular

Commendable
Mar 14, 2020
i am curious ahout TT Toughpower GF2 gold
Weirdly enough they don't claim OTP for it, despite GF1 had it, thus tier C. It's also completely different platform from different OEM so treat them as different PSUs really.
thoughpower grand rgb gold is a tier?
TT TP Grand RGB Gold Sync edition is tier C because there's some uncertainity about the OTP implementation. In one Aris review the OTP is set to 180°C which is already quite high and on the other he couldn't trip it and stopped at 200°C. So we take that as the lack of OTP. Be aware that there's also non-'Sync edition' version which is different and positioned at tier A low priority but i can't quite remember why it's in low priority right now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Power Supplies 3

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS