[SOLVED] PSU750W Exploded...

Sep 19, 2020
Hi, my name Is christian in from italy and im new in this forum, today i built my pc with 750w PSU (iTek Desert) the price is about 50€. I was in the middle of a faceit match and i heard a small explosion, my pc turn off and it smell like plastic...i wait a few of minutes, unplug psu and open It, inside It there was something like a melted plastic, now my question Is : did this explosion destroyed other components?
Config : ryzen 5 2600x - R9 380x - mobo asrock b450m 4.0 - ram gskill 16gb 3000mhz - hdd 500gb - SSD Kingston 480gb.
The GPU and PSU are old, so i cant send them back anymore, i Will be grateful if some1 could give me some Hope :/

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Rip, ty anyway
The chances it took some components with it is high however if the smell was only coming from the PSU then and you did not see any smoke near your components then your ok. The first thing that will happen if the PSU takes components with it is sparks and smoke and smell and you got none of those. You just got a busted PSU. So think positive your components should be ok my friend.🤷‍♀️🙈

Sep 19, 2020
The chances it took some components with it is high however if the smell was only coming from the PSU then and you did not see any smoke near your components then your ok. The first thing that will happen if the PSU takes components with it is sparks and smoke and smell and you got none of those. You just got a busted PSU. So think positive your components should be ok my friend.🤷‍♀️🙈
Finally some hope ahah

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Finally some hope ahah
Yeah thankfully you got sorta lucky. What happens is your wires get zapped and spark up then it might take a hard drive or DVD drive with it and possibly video card however this is not your case my friend. The PSU simply blew up and when it blew up it immediately gives no more power to the rig. You got lucky this could have been a disaster. The only pain is now you must get a new PSU and insatll it but rest assured your hardware is all ok my friend.👌💯👩‍🦲

Reactions: sidciviouz