worker0

Prominent
Dec 14, 2018
I installed Puppy linux on VM ( on my job ) for web browsing, because all other OS work in VM so slow and they are unusable. I allocate 1700 MB of RAM and 2 Cores to VM but still each OS is so slow except Puppy. Cpu is some Celeron G with 4 GB of ram. Host OS is Win7. I would like to know how to lock account account at startup? And why command apt-get dont work? Version of Puppy is: Puppy BionicPup 64bit.
Thx And Im asking for other PC ( Laptop ) Can I install PiHole on Puppy?

Thanky

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
In Puppy you have to use the Puppy Package Manager (PPM) or maybe the Quickpet tool to install packages/applications.

Apt-get is a command like tool which works with APT (Advanced Package Tool), is part of Debian (later introduced in other distros too like Ubuntu etc.) and as far as I know Debian or Ubuntu packages are not guaranteed to run on Puppy.

worker0

Prominent
Dec 14, 2018
I think that it is based on Ubuntu since it has name BionicPuppy, or Im wrong?

- Wikipedia says:"Puppy 8 is built from Ubuntu Bionic Beaver 18.04.2 packages, has binary compatibility with Ubuntu 18.04.2 and access to the Ubuntu package repositories. BionicPup is built from the woof-CE build system, forked from Barry Kauler's Woof. It is built from the latest testing branch, and incorporates all the latest woof-CE features".

Last edited: