Q6600 motherboard support

bradsctt

Distinguished
hi. my friend has an Intel D946GZIS, with a Pentium Dual core E6700. he has been unable to launch BF4, and thinks that it may be a issue with his dual core. he has found a Q6600 that he can purchase nearby, but he is unsure if the board will support the cpu. can anyone help me give him correct advice? i havnt managed to find any information on google.

Solution

I am sorry I will be a bringer of bad news here too.
Battlefield 4 cannot run on dual core CPUs at least without HT.
There are already two sites that can confirm this:
PCLAB and Pcgameshardware.
Now this is Beta and maybe they will fix this with a patch.

bradsctt

Distinguished

ok, i will try and suggest this to him instead

I am sorry I will be a bringer of bad news here too.
Battlefield 4 cannot run on dual core CPUs at least without HT.
There are already two sites that can confirm this:
PCLAB and Pcgameshardware.
Now this is Beta and maybe they will fix this with a patch.

Solution

bradsctt

Distinguished

ok, thanks

bradsctt

Distinguished

ok, thanks
also, the minimum specs is a core 2 duo, so they have to fix it for final release, or change the minimum specs

bradsctt

Distinguished

we live in new zealand.

he already has a good psu, and a gtx 560 ti.
so just mobo and CPU.

he has about $250 - $300 NZD, and can borrow a 4GB DDR3 card from me

-his internet is down, so he cant post himself.

Its ok.
Well the numbers I get from PCLAB, as you can see an entry Intel Core i5-4430 + mobo would be great but it would cost around 340NZD (checked at pcpartpicker fo New Zeland :)). Otherwise for 300NZD there is an option for Intel Core i3-4330 + mobo, or AMD FX-4350/AMD FX-6350 + mobo (FX-6350 behaved a little strange in some tests that I saw but I think EA will fix this).
:)

cmi86

Distinguished

Just remember that BF4 likes cores so if your buddy wants to play this game at any kind of decent settings I would avoid any dual core like the plague lol. I think I saw benchmarks somewhere with BF4 on ultra the i3 could only muster FPS in the low 20's. For the same price he could get an FX-6300 which was posting fps in the high 40's with same settings.

Well I would recommend FX6300 too but I saw some very strange results so till the beta will become v1.0 I wouldn't recommend it.
Battlefield 4 Beta 1920 x 1080, Medium Settings, AMD Radeon 7970 GHz Edition
Battlefield-4-Beta-1920-x-1080-Medium-Settings-AMD-Radeon-7970-GHz-Edition.jpg

bradsctt

Distinguished

ok thanks. seems kinda ironic that components from the hardware partner for BF4 get such bad results, considering how AMD is pushing for people to go all AMD for BF4