Phool101

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hey, I was wondering if a router that is set as an AP, will the QOS function work? Or does it have to be the main router in order for it to work? I've been playing around with it yesterday with the DD-WRT interface and there's an option to do it and I set the options to limit the speeds of some of my devices, however, it didn't work. Any ideas?

Phool101

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
On the DD-WRT interface, I set the max uplink and downlink to 512 kbps (I'm assuming this is upload and download) and then I set the MAC address for my PS3 into the QOS list. I again set the max uplink and downlink and when I did the connection test, the results were way over the point where I set it as (10 mbps down, 5 mbps up).

So my only assumption left is that I have to configure the main router since this is suppose to be an Access Point (AP). But I still don't understand why I can't control the traffic of my AP.

Phool101

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Shoot, I don't really remember the version of it. But all I know it's for a NetGear router WNR2000-V3 (the official firmware wasn't on the site but a member has made a custom firmware that made it work) (Maybe this is the problem?). I made a topic yesterday saying that the LAN ports doesn't work.

But it could be true that this firmware was made really recently.

Phool101

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Aw then that stinks. I tried another router to test the QOS. But when I set the router into AP mode, the QOS function gets disable. If I don't set AP mode, I won't be able to connect to the internet. Really stumped.

Any other products/routers that's good?