QOTD: PlayStation Move or Kinect for Xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Kinect, just more interaction being able to control the entire character with your body rather than just their arms..
Plus the Move looks like a handheld lightbulb, not a controller.

lespy

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
is this even a competition? a goofy looking remote or completely hands free?

i wonder which one will win?

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I don't plan on buying either, but I'd have to pick the Move. I have had a Wii for years and motion control seems to get in the way of most games rather than improving them. The only games I feel benefit from this tech are FPS games where you can point at the screen to aim. The much greater accuracy of the wand, plus the buttons, make Move more attractive. I cannot see myself ever playing a racing game with Kinect like they demoed at E3, and I have no interest in learning to dance like MJ. The Wii sports rip-offs and family shovelware will be equally boring on either console.

I'm spending my money on games instead, or maybe a 3DS.

dertoter

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I would choose NEITHER and stick with PC gaming at the moment. Like soldier37 said, PC gaming is where it's at right now.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Definetly Definetly the Move. The move provides a controllable solution that can calculate velocity, position, and rotation. The Kinect is just too... limited in its application.

G

Both seems silly, but I might get Move with the playstation bundle since I dont have a ps3 yet.

To be honest Id rather they have announced Mouse and Keyboard support for Xbox 360 with new MS sidewinder Laser Mice and Keyboards to go with it.

FFS they sell mice and keyboards, make them work with your console already.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
The novelty of the Wii has died off as far as I can see. I don't see many good games being developed in this realm. I know the powers that be at both MS and Sony must study the market. Don't they get that this interface is just a novelty and that real gamers want real games?

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
Move. Mainly because the game list for Kinect isnt very good. Personally there are some games I would like for the kinect (like The Fight Lights Out [boxing game] because having the full body would be better...although fromt he vids Move does a great job anyways). The only real downside to Move is that it will cost 160 for just the controllers plus a PS eye which is another 40... plus games. But I would much rather use Move for FPS games (over kinect), and Sony has made a pistol attactment (I would like to see a rifle though for games like Socom). But for sure it will be interesting to see what comes out for both ;)

G

Both have some way to go. But so far? Move. It's a piece of gaming tech, made for games. It seems far more versatile. Its lineup has the typical casual stuff, but also core stuff. And it can support voice, and things like headtracking, which are IMO the potentially coolest part of Kinect. GT5 is being demoed at E3 right now with head tracking on the ps eye, and it's great.

Kinect sounds like cool technology, but I think it's being misapplied to games. Despite its advances it seems to have all the same fundamental limitations in terms of the type of game you can make with it, as Eyetoy had. There's just only so much you can do when you take away buttons and precision/speed. 30hz is too slow a refresh rate. The lag looks bad. Impressions suggest it's unreliable, and can feel loose and floaty/imprecise. Apparently it doesn't even work when the player is sitting in furniture. I think its limitations are already reflected in the lineup, which has the same few types of game showing up over and over again. It really seems like MS jumped head first into this without thinking ahead too much.

mab664

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
Both technologys are targeting kids (like nintendo), pretty much a waste of money for me, and anyone over 5. Only thing im excited about is ESPN on and eventually Hulu on 360, and 3D gaming on PS3. But back to topic, MOVE is better than Kinect and i own a 360.

junkisd

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
I will get the kinnect for kinnect games. for the FPS games i will use the normal 360 controller. whats so hard about that idea? i don't want to even use the move controller to play fps.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
kinect doesnt have buttons... the move may be more accurate than the wiimote, but it looks fucking stupid with that ball on top of it. I would BUY an XBOX 360 IF they added in game support for keyboard/mouse!

aleh1811

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
It really depends on the games made for them.

Anyway, as noone has really used any of them yet, It's more a matter of prejudice and speculation than an actual opinion.

So, as I hate microsoft, I take move.

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
i read that you can't sit down when using Kinect which is a game breaker to me.
i like to chill when i game but i won't buy either

nbk_redspy

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
For exercise, dance and party games, I think that Kinect will be better. I pre-ordered a Kinect for those reasons. I like the accuracy of Move but I really have not seen enough to decide if I want to pay $80 per person (up to 4x) to have a "full" move set.

But then I like jumping up and down like an idiot to try to get my rear off the sofa and get some exercise while enjoying a game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.