QOTD: What Will You Buy For Black Friday?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmck

Distinguished
I am still waiting for some "real" deals. Most of what I have seen so far is the same stuff at the same prices for the last few months.

The only approaching a deal is the $199 full size Sempron laptop at Walmart. I have no use for such a thing, and I'm definitely not fighting the crowd of morons at Walmart. The potential medical bills would negate any savings.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Much like most people here I ain't back jack squat; In fact I'm so tired of all the Black Friday emails that I can't wait for it to be over. Way I look at it is, if I wanted/needed something I would have bought it by now. Just because someone threatens to give me a good deal on something, doesn't magically make it something I need or want.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I have not seen anything that I want on sale this year so I won't be buying anything. Black Friday deals this year aren't as good as it used to be.

G

Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor for $260

2 Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB for $49 each

2 sets of OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model CL8 w/OZCTEN 10% for $260

SAPPHIRE 100283-2L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail $169

and more......

The rig I wanted would have cost just over $1500 san monitor, but now throwing in the monitor I still came out under $1370....with 12 month no financing and free ship and no tax!

I Love the Egg...:)

john boy

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
My Black Friday was actually last Friday, after some long searching online, I lucked up and found and purchased, and was delivered to my door yesterday a BFG GTX 285 OCFU. Sweet!!!

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
What with the dollar weakened to a state of a shounen anime schoolgirl, most foreign electronic stuff is more expensive this year than the comparable stuff was last year. So, Black Friday holds no special appeal for me this year.

Have a festive Turkey Day everyone!

PS: That goes for you, too, foreigners ... you know who you are.

G

Nothing... I will buy nothing, and I will enjoy every last bit of the nothing I will buy.

buysuarez

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
A couple of HD 4870´S 1gb + Thermaltake 700W Power Supply @ $329.98

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 + GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD4P + OCZ Obsidian 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 @ 406.97

= USD 736 for an upgrade from an AMD 4400+, Abit Fatal1ty Socket 939, Radeon X1900XT, 2GB Patriot DDR400...

Thats one hell of a value upgrade

wmalinowski

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
Normally, I usually don't anything on Black Friday. But those fools....ahem, great people at newegg had Rosewill 1000w power supply BRB-1000M for $99.99(includes free shipping). Worth a shot IMHO.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
The Christmass model has no boobs and I love curves. The one I'll be playing with is gifted and has to do with what ill be buying for her on Friday. And its really not relevant to mention in here what ill be buying ;) . Techwise I dont know. I dont plan those things when I go on a spree for myself. I have just those others plans for now and im good with it.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Windows 7 possibly (hoping some sort of deal will occurs since I want a retail non-oem copy).

Also need a NAS unit and a few drives for home, hoping for some good deals on a set of 1.5TB drives

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
lol @ her holding "Magnum" you know what that means ;)

But seriously I haven't seen much of interest. Sure big screen tv prices are good. already have one though..so rummaging through the paper I found some semi decent flash memory deals. But overall the prices found in black friday specials can be found year round if you wait so it isn't so much too special. Still, better than the last 2 years anyhow.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
lol @ her holding "Magnum" you know what that means ;)

But seriously I haven't seen much of interest. Sure big screen tv prices are good. already have one though..so rummaging through the paper I found some semi decent flash memory deals. But overall the prices found in black friday specials can be found year round if you wait so it isn't so much too special. Still, better than the last 2 years anyhow.

I haven't chewed on my foot in a while, but isn't Sarah Chris A.'s wife, or was that another time Chris got her to do some modeling for THG?

Had I caught it in time, I would have joined Shadow in purchasing that Intel SSD. I'm planning a round of upgrades after Christmas though, so I think my window for good deals will be open for quite a while yet.

[rant] Other than the family stuff, this is my least favorite time of year. The stores are mobbed with drones, as are the roads. Even grocery shopping can become a chore. Every mall hires a professional liar to tell children they can get things without earning them. I can hardly turn on a radio without hearing religious drivel, and every store thinks it should sell toys, often stacked in aisles, or otherwise in the way of whatever "regular" merchandise I came to find. I'll be very glad when January gets here.
[/rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS