QOTD: What Will You Buy For Black Friday?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I don't need or even want anything right now....I'm utterly spoiled.

But that's not as nearly fun as it sounds, rather depressing and unfulfilling actually. It's more fun to want something and then eventually be able to get it after your hard work pays off. This is why billionaire CEOs don't stop working and making money, it's never enough, never fulfilling. Money is the root of all evil, this is true. Enjoy your family, friends and what you already have.

nickcardwell

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I am waiting for Nvidia Ion 2 to come out so I can pick up an Atom 330 Mini-ITX board for a small Internet TV PC. 1TB Hard Drive and Badaboom. Can't wait.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
If i had money at all i would love to buy a new mobo and hdd, something simple, like a p45 northbridge and a 32 mb cache hard drive, I only play mmo's that my e6600 and 9600gt do fine with, as well as windows 7 home premium.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

Where have you been hiding? You don't need money these days to buy anything! Try Newegg Bill Me Later.

G

I'm sort of considering the 27" iMac myself, if any black friday rebates stack with the 10% higher education discount I'm getting anyway.

I haven't used a mac in 10 years and never owned one but I really do like that rig and considering the screen space, school/work and media opportunities, not to forget some gaming under a Windows 7 bootcamp install, I might just go for it.

bliq

Distinguished
i picked up a tom tom xl340s GPS and a Sony DSC-W290 camera and a MS pro duo today. Tomorrow/later I'll be in line at Frys to pick up a bluray/dvd-rw drive for $67AR, a Athlon 2 240/mobo for $40AR, a sony 60GB camcorder @ $249. and maybe some other stuff until my quarterly bonus is totally spent :)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]HundredIslandsBoy[/nom]Where have you been hiding? You don't need money these days to buy anything! Try Newegg Bill Me Later.[/citation]
Well, there are those of us who would rather stay out of debt.
The security of my job is questionable as is, so I don't need to make it so I oowe some chump $2000.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

Good answer. You are going places in life with that attitude.

G

Nothing, I made a promise to stop wasting my hard earned money on junk I don't need and save it. In this economy people would be wise in my opinion to quit blindly following the masses to their consumer doom. I am going to get back to the basics, eat a good meal, relax, spend time with family and friends and actually enjoy the holidays.

nonstoprobot

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Spent $100s at amazon, walmart, gamestop & the like buying up the cheap games & blu rays. Going to resell some of it to help pay for the ones I end up keeping.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
walmart screwed the pooch
I went in this morning battling exhaustion fighting crowds, for three things, a camera a blue ray player and an 8gb usb stick

they kept the 8gb sticks behind glass and refused to sell them at the advertised price of 14 bucks

the blue ray players had a sign up with a "correction for the advertised price" they were 20 bucks more than advertised - is this legal? Don't think so.

at that point I didn't even want the camera. Target got my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.