QOTD: Which Browser Do You Use? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox on PC, because of all my nice addons, which no other browser really has. Chrome's addons are pretty complicated, and I don't have time to figure them out.

Opera on my phone and PDA and such...because it's free, and it's pretty nice. On the slow side, though...and it kind of annoys me you have to add www's in front of everything. But, it's better than mobile IE.

gosefroba

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
i mix of firefox 3.5 and chrome 2. chrome if i want to jump on facebook or check email, but firefox for everything else got to have my plug-ins

kevin1212

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
Ie8 on the desktop, dont really care which one i use, so default is enough for me... they all do the same job, give or take a bit, a very little bit. Chrome on my piece of shit notebook, the one good thing about chrome is that it uses very little resources.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
i REALLY liked IE8's feature but it's slow compared to Firefox 3.5...

if Firefox 3.5 can bring Aero Peek into Windows 7, then i would be one happy nerd...for now, using Windows 7 RC, only first tab shows up when there are multiple tabs open...

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Firefox 3.5

Used to use the alpha for 3.6 along with the alpha of Opera 10. The former didnt work with Greasemonkey, and the latter's need for an adblock.ini was irritating when it came to updating it even if the use of a style sheet made having to do so less frequent.

marraco

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2007
Firefox is the best balanced. enough of any feature. recover from crashes better than anyone. So well, in fact, that sometimes I use task manager for crashing it on purpose.
No other browser have one add on fon any crazy task I Imagine.

yes, I know, I'm nuts.

G

OPERA cause its fast and its shortcuts and because it seems so much lighter than other browser.

firefoxe when pages doesnt load well with opera.
ie8 for emails with hotmails.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]chrome, cause i can drag tabs out into their own window, and then merge them back into the same window!!!!1!11![/citation]

Lol, no offense, but that's like saying, "I bought this car because it had a leopard colored rear view mirror!" =P

G

Chrome because it is 40% faster than Firefox 3.5. When I click pages I like them to come back fast. I could care less for plugins and eventually Chrome will make that happen just because its backed by Google.

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Firefox 3.5! Add-ons rule! I use AdBlock+, IE Tab, Photobucket Uploader, McAfee Siteadvisor, and FoxTab. I just love add-ons. Oh, I forgot I am using the XP on Vista theme. I like the colored buttons better than the blue.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Firefox. Thanks for the heads-up about 3.5!
I use it partially out of brand loyalty (I've been using it since March '05), but keep it up because of its extentions, my familiarity with its tuning, and its continual improvement.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Firefox, simple and easy to use. Not to mention that I can go to all kinds of shady sites looking for cracks and such, never get viruses. But the first time I go there in IE I get swamped by tons of stuff. Safari? I used it when I had an iMac G5, but I don't use it much on my PC. I may have used Safari when I went to PC, but it was still when certain sites had small issues with Safari, like certain decals and such not lining up. Stuck on Firefox, especially after 3.0, still have the download certificate PDF ^_^

dacman61

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I used Chrome 2 as my primary browser, and Firefox as my backup for a few sites that don't play well just yet with Chrome.

tf2addict

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Firefox 3.5 hands down. the customization is unparralleled. i love black, so i skinned it black. i dont like ads, so i got adblocker plus. a solution for everything. the other browsers dont hold a candle to firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.