QOTD: Which Browser Do You Use? Why?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snqwerty

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Firefox - since it is an all rounder internet tool. works on all OSes, I use: Win, Linux, Mac.
The speed factor is less important to me

awan2009

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I have been using Firefox since last 4 years or so. it has many useful add-ons, either for security, appearance, or convenient browsing. and now it is even better: less memory consumption (2x less) and just discovered that it can open new tab in separate window when dragged in and it can re-attach back to original window. LOVE IT!

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
firefox hands down. It complies to industry standards and is the most extensible. X64 bit FF on ubuntu is awesome although i've been slacking off on my linux use admitedly because of TF2. I wish steam would support linux... i'd never use windows again. :p

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Use IE for webmail and thg visits (webmail layout fucks up on firefox & chrome), and use chrome for the rest. I've got firefox solely to have a foundation for the sql editor. I don't like firefox. It has the same sickness as ie does - too many buttons, too many features you don't want to know about, and too high a memory usage.
Chrome's the best choice around, as long as you aren't dependant on an old java thing that doesn't work with it. Chrome's simplistic, and that's what I need. It works with the same principle notebook does - providing all the nessecary features without nuking the user with all the other ones.

stefanotti

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Internet Explorer 8. Why not? It is working fine for me and always has been. I don't understand sometimes why people make such a big deal out of this. Internet Explorer 8 comes with Windows, it works for me so why bother using other browsers. As long as there is a competition, the differences between the browsers are minimal. All of them ave pros and cons. Not a big deal.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
IE any version 6 or better when using Windows. Why? Its there, and it works with everything without issue. and I use no add-ons nor do I have a perceived speed difference against chrome or firefox. I dont frequent crack sites so thats not an issue. Bottom line, no fuss no muss.. (No running an "IE Tab") Basically I can find no compelling reason to use anything else except when on a non-MS system.
In that case, Firefox is the obvious winner as the next runner up for compatibility.

Bolbi

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Firefox 3.5 definitely. Its speed, security, and features are good, but the real draw for me is addons. I have the top five browsers installed (IE 8, FF 3.5, Opera 10, Chrome 3, and Safari 4), but can't stand to use anything other than Firefox with Adblock Plus installed for very long. I mainly use the others to test out my webpages. I think Chrome would be a distant second for me if I had to choose because of its speed and the stability it has from running each tab in a separate process.

yose3

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
firefox

the best period....

the theme,the add-on,the speed,security ect ect that why i use firefox because it never let me down

Status
Not open for further replies.