Quadro 4000 - Doesn't support 4K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themilkynutball

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2012
Hey there!

I think I made a mistake... I just bought the new Cintiq Pro 24 (which is a pen display) that supports 4k resolution (3840x2160). Unfortunately the maximum resolution I'm currently getting is 2560x1440. My GPU is a Quadro 4000 - and after looking into it appears to only allow a maximum resolution of 2560x1600. Can someone just confirm that I am indeed an idiot and this is most likely why I can't get the max resolution out of the cintiq?

https://www.cnet.com/products/nvidia-quadro-4000-by-pny-graphics-card-quadro-4000-2-gb-series/specs/

I've tried adding a 'custom resolution' to no avail, and switching ports. I think I'm screwed unless I update my GPU... or perhaps download a driver that allows for higher resolutions?

Solution
A video port can only output a certain amount of info. The larger the res, the more info that goes out. You can't magically make the port output more. A new gpu is the only solution.
Jul 17, 2021
Hey there!

I think I made a mistake... I just bought the new Cintiq Pro 24 (which is a pen display) that supports 4k resolution (3840x2160). Unfortunately the maximum resolution I'm currently getting is 2560x1440. My GPU is a Quadro 4000 - and after looking into it appears to only allow a maximum resolution of 2560x1600. Can someone just confirm that I am indeed an idiot and this is most likely why I can't get the max resolution out of the cintiq?

I've tried adding a 'custom resolution' to no avail, and switching ports. I think I'm screwed unless I update my GPU... or perhaps download a driver that allows for higher resolutions?

Dear,

It's only now that I spotted your inquiry.

Hoping it's not too late for my input to be effective, I should like to point you to < https://www.nvidia.com/content/dam/en-zz/Solutions/gtcs21/rtx-a4000/nvidia-rtx-a4000-datasheet.pdf > (RTX Quadro 4000 Datasheet).

It clearly states that the card supports up to 4 displays at 4096 x 2160 @ 120 Hz (which is well beyond 4K) and at a somewhat lower frequency (60Hz) even higher resolutions.

Accordingly, assuming that your display can also cope with these resolutions & frequencies, I should like to suggest that you are probably facing a software (driver?) issue, rather than a hardware one and that you can enjoy your GPU for many more years.

Incidentally, you may wish to check (Device Manager) that you have the correct Display (Monitor) driver too - a generic one might not provide the support you need.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.