ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
My Quadro 4000 died last week and I'm thinking of buying a K2200 as an upgrade card. But one of my requirements is having low temperatures. I know the K2200 is only 68w (compared to 142w on old Quadro) but it's cooling system seems a little weak. My old 4000 used to shoot up to 85 degrees C as soon as you open Chrome, Skype, Media Player Classic or do anything really. I have managed to see that K2200 idles at around 25-30 degrees C and under full load reaches the low 70s (yes I know it depends from system to system). So can anybody tell me what temperatures they're getting with the Quadro K2200?

Solution
Probably not much use to you now but I have A K2200 on a Prime x570-p MoBo running 2 monitors which rarely gets above 40C but equally (after a short warm up if the PC has been shut down) stays around 38C. It seems very stable.
Having said that when looking at task manager I can rarely get it anywhere close to its maximum activity. Utilization is normally less than 5% but if I open 3 graphics hungry apps at the same time I have achieved 60%. If I had three sets of eyes and 6 hands I could possibly use that ability!!!!

FGnontechie

Prominent
Jul 19, 2020
Probably not much use to you now but I have A K2200 on a Prime x570-p MoBo running 2 monitors which rarely gets above 40C but equally (after a short warm up if the PC has been shut down) stays around 38C. It seems very stable.
Having said that when looking at task manager I can rarely get it anywhere close to its maximum activity. Utilization is normally less than 5% but if I open 3 graphics hungry apps at the same time I have achieved 60%. If I had three sets of eyes and 6 hands I could possibly use that ability!!!!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS