Quake II: Can I change level?

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

Hi, I am playing Quake II right now. I started in "easy" and would
like to change to "medium". Can I do that somehow?

Thx!

On 27 Aug 2004 17:07:05 GMT, TheDentist <ds@zz-net.nl> wrote:

>Hi, I am playing Quake II right now. I started in "easy" and would
>like to change to "medium". Can I do that somehow?

Type "skill <number>" at the console.

<number> can range from 0-3.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

GREAT, thanks a lot!!! I'll try this later today! Thank you!

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:25:08 -0400, bk039@freenet.carleton.ca (Raymond
Martineau) wrote:

>On 27 Aug 2004 17:07:05 GMT, TheDentist <ds@zz-net.nl> wrote:
>
>>Hi, I am playing Quake II right now. I started in "easy" and would
>>like to change to "medium". Can I do that somehow?
>>

>Type "skill <number>" at the console.
>
><number> can range from 0-3.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

i'd recommend the higest skill level on Q2 - it was way to easy 4 me.

"TheDentist" <ds@zz-net.nl> wrote in message
> GREAT, thanks a lot!!! I'll try this later today! Thank you!
>
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:25:08 -0400, bk039@freenet.carleton.ca (Raymond
> Martineau) wrote:
>
> >On 27 Aug 2004 17:07:05 GMT, TheDentist <ds@zz-net.nl> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi, I am playing Quake II right now. I started in "easy" and would
> >>like to change to "medium". Can I do that somehow?
> >>

> >Type "skill <number>" at the console.
> >
> ><number> can range from 0-3.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

Yes, I tried now...it doesn't work for the game I'm in.

On 29 Aug 2004 10:47:04 GMT, TheDentist <ds@zz-net.nl> wrote:

>Yes, I tried now...it doesn't work for the game I'm in.

IIRC, the change should take effect as soon as you change levels. Even if
it doesn't, it's still possible to find a place in the game where you just
entered a secion, restart the game from that point, and give yourself the
weapons and ammo you had at the time you entered the game.

Archived from groups: alt.games.quake (More info?)

That's be great! Only, I'm really clueless when it comes to shooter
gaming. I wouldnt know how to re-start a game at a specific point or
level. Can you tell me?`

Thank you!