Question Question about getting the most out of my RAM.

Jul 5, 2024
Hi, I'm wondering a couple of things about the ram, since I'm putting together a new system with these parts.

First and most obviously, is the Kingston Fury Beast ram any good for the 7800x3d and 4090 on the tomahawk motherboard?

Secondly, what options can I modify in the bios to get the maximum performance out of my ram?

Thirdly, are there any cpu overclock settings that I should use in conjunction with ram settings to maximize performance?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

ProcessorAMD Ryzen™ 7 7800X3D Processor (8X 4.2GHz/96MB L3 Cache)
Memory32 GB [16 GB X2] DDR5-6000MHz Memory Module - Kingston Fury Beast
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 24GB GDDR6X (DLSS 3.5 – AI-Powered Performance) - ASUS TUF GAMING OG OC Edition
MotherboardMSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK - WiFi 6E, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (2 Type-C, 6 Type-A), M.2 Slot (5)
Power Supply1000 Watt - CORSAIR RM1000e - 80 PLUS Gold PCIe GEN 5, Fully Modular

Ralston18

Titan
Start here:

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MAGX670ETOMAHAWKWIFI.pdf

[Verify that I found ther applicable User Guide.]

The User Guide will provide most of the necessary information and will also refer you to MSI's website for more updated information.

BIOS setttings begin on physically numbered Page 51 (English).

Read the User Guide very carefully and pay close attention to all fne print, warnings, etc..

Also carefully read the applicable User Guides/Manuals for all installed components.

Details matter.

For example from Page 28:

"Always insert memory modules in the DIMMA2 slot first."

= = = =

Plan out the build step by step. Inspect everything beforehand. Ensure that all parts are there and correct.

Work in a clean, well lit space. Use the proper tools. Do not force anything. Do not get in a rush.

If there is some problem then stop and focus on resolving that problem.