[SOLVED] Question Help/Feedback with my first custom pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 20, 2021
Hi lovely people!

I'm thinking of getting a brand new PC, and was looking for a bit of guidance.
I have an okay knowledge about PC build, but would appreciate any kind of help.
If anyone could take a look at my pc build and perhaps tell me if it's a great pc build?
Feel free to give any feedback, thanks <3

Also i made i post before, but i changed some specs, and would love to hear some feedback, thanks

• My pc build:
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63
- GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MASTER
- Ram: G.Skill TridentZ Neo Series - 64GB: 2x32GB - DDR4 - 3600MHz
- PC Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120
- Storage: SAMSUNG 980 PCIE 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD 500 GB
- PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold 850W
- Case: Lian Li O11 Mini

• Questions:
- Is this build great? Any kind of feedback of good or bad is much appreciated. Thanks
- Is my current PSU enough to power this build?
- would my components fitt in the case? And would the PSU fit aswell? if not any tips to another?
- Can i move my windows from my current pc to this new PC build?
- Anything else i should know about? this is my first build and i want some feedback before i buy the things

Thanks alot for all the help :)

Solution
1| You seem to be fine parts wise. Though I'd look into a 360mm AIO. Ditch the fans in favor of either Lina-Li fans or NSXT fans.
2| Should be, unless you can spend a little more for a Seasonic unit but of the same wattage since they are higher in quality.
3| Is this the case you're looking at? I'd look into a meshed case as opposed to something with blocked off panels, that tends to impede airflow.
4| Pertaining to the license key, this might be of assistance.
5| Don't you need more than one SSD/drive on your platform? What sort of tasks will you be doing on the build proposed above?
Dec 20, 2021
If we go back to my build and the questions <3

- CPU Cooler:
Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB

1. Would the cooler "Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB" be okay for this build/more than fine without any problems?
  2. Also Any recommended thermal paste? something rather cheap but still amazing if possible :D

logainofhades

Titan
Mhh.. This may sound a bit dumb, but if i can find a motherboard that works with all my other things + a Intel12900k i will go for that. Lanfong mentioned some motherboards. Beside thoese do you have any recommendation in the same price range as my current? :)
Also If i can fit it in the budget, i might replace the current ssd with the 970 evo plus thanks :D

Intel Z690 boards start at around $200. The B550 Strix is around $180, so super close. The 12900k is better, than the 12700k, but not $218 better. That money would be better spent on a nice gen 4 SSD.

Dec 20, 2021
Amazing thanks for the motherboard recommendation, so my current to build is between these 2

• Build 1:
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB

• Build 2:
- Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4
- CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K (More cpu info https://www.komplett.dk/product/1197860)
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB

• Questions:
- From what i got from the feedbacks, Build 2 is better) (I think?)

- Rather i choose build 1 or 2, would the cooler do its job? what i mean is that. Is it just some cheap component, or would it be okay/more than fine for my build without any issues

- Lets say now everything is fine and i buy all the parts. Would there be any problem assembling the build with these components? Like would everything fit, work together etc etc ()Not where or how to look for it). And would it work/start haha. I know it may be wierd questions but i dont now mutch about pc build so every feedback is appricated

- Any recommended thermal paste? something rather cheap but still amazing if possible:D

Last edited: