[SOLVED] Question regarding cables for TV and monitor

Mar 18, 2020
Hi again,

I wanted to ask you guys for some help regarding the cables that i have and which connect my GPU (Gigabyte Geforce 2070 TI) to my monitor and TV.

I use a dual-screen setup for work also (using a Gigabyte B360M Aorus Gaming 3 mobo).

Since i have an old VGA monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 943N) and a Philips 21.5", Full HD, 221S8LDAB, i have the following setup:

• the vga monitor is connected via a VGA cable with a HDMI adaptor to the mobo (as this only has HDMI and DVI entries).
  • the other monitor and the TV (a Panasonic Viera which i use ocasionally for gaming) both fight for the only HDMI that the GPU has :disrelieved:

The questions are:

• to connect the TV to the PC, i use the A+ Ultra High-Speed HDMI 2.0 V, 18Gbps 4K, HDR, 3D, 2160P, 1080P, plug-plug, Ethernet, gold-plated cable. Is this the best solution to carry over the data or are there even better ones so that nothing's lost along the way?
  • So that i don't have to plug/unplug the monitor and tv, i was thinking on leaving the TV have the HDMI slot and put the Philips monitor on a separate cable (but not use the monitor and TV at the same time). The GPU has either Direct Port available or a USB Type-C, however the monitor only has VGA, HDMI or DVI ...

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to go with the above? :D

Thank you! :)