[SOLVED] Question Upgraded GPU, but runs with low FPS and low usage

Nov 8, 2021
Hi

I recently bought a new RTX 3080 ti and upgraded from my 980 ti. After playing some BF5 and Warzone and finding out that my GPU usage was very low (10-15%) while my CPU was at 100%, I suddenly understood better why my FPS was also somewhat lower than what I had expected from this high end GPU. I just took a speed test on Userbenchmark.com, and got the answer that my computer is performing way below expectations. I can't figure out why though. Can you help me?

Speed Test Result: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47723501

Kind Regards,
Mads

Solution
Yup, Userbench says your RAM is running at default 2133 MT/s, which is pretty bad for performance. You should get a 15-20% performance increase from fixing that. Still going to leave your RTX3080 grossly under-utilized most of the time though. May want to bump details up a notch or two.
Nov 8, 2021
Hi

I recently bought a new RTX 3080 ti and upgraded from my 980 ti. After playing some BF5 and Warzone and finding out that my GPU usage was very low (10-15%) while my CPU was at 100%, I suddenly understood better why my FPS was also somewhat lower than what I had expected from this high end GPU. I just took a speed test on Userbenchmark.com, and got the answer that my computer is performing way below expectations. I can't figure out why though. Can you help me?

Speed Test Result: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/47723501

Kind Regards,
Mads

InvalidError

Titan
Yup, Userbench says your RAM is running at default 2133 MT/s, which is pretty bad for performance. You should get a 15-20% performance increase from fixing that. Still going to leave your RTX3080 grossly under-utilized most of the time though. May want to bump details up a notch or two.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution
Nov 8, 2021
Hi. Thank you. After running the benchmark after enabling XMP the computer came out as performing as expected. However, I'm not seeing much of a change in FPS in Warzone for example. In this game, I'm getting 110-140 FPS on high settings 1440p while I see other people playing with the same specs with a FPS at 160-170 fps on Ultra settings. Is it normal for the GPU usage to be only 10-20% while playing?

What may cause my computer to run worse than before my GPU upgrade?