[SOLVED] Questions about RGB LED options

Jun 4, 2020
The PC that I am working on is a Gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI (B450M DS3H WIFI (rev. 1.x) Specification | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. )

I've never done lighting and need to know what to buy and were to plug it in. This is new, so I am basically trying to understqand the differences (e.g. 5v Versus 12v, why they have different connectors, etc.)

Per the specifications on the website and the instruction manual, the motherboard supports the following:
  • 1 x CPU cooler LED strip/RGB LED strip header
  • 1 x RGB LED strip header (The header can be used to connect a standard 5050 RGB LED strip (12V/G/R/B), with maximum power rating of 2A (12V) and maximum length of 2m. )
  • 2 x addressable LED strip headers (The headers can be used to connect a standard 5050 addressable LED strip, with maximum power rating of 2A (5V) and maximum length of 5m or maximum number of 1000 LEDs. )
  1. TOTAL newbie question, but what are the differences between those three bulleted items? (I'm embarrassed to ask, but hey... we are all friends, right?)
  2. I am guessing that the CPU cooler LED strip is available if the fan (or other) has lighting?
  3. Are there advantages/disadvantages between selecting between them? Can I or should I do multiple options?

If anyone needs to look at the manual, it is here:mb_manual_b450m-ds3h-wifi_e_1201.pdf (gigabyte.com)

Solution
hi, RGB is 12volt, cpu and 1x rgb port is same thing, u dont have to plug cpu rgb if theres none, u can put normal 5050 rgb strip there aswell

difference between RGB and ARGB is very simple,
RGB can do only 1 color in a mix of Red Green Blue (full led strip 1 color)
with ARGB u can do many colors with single led strip (see youtube for rgb rainbow effect)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0U4SykgytA
hi, RGB is 12volt, cpu and 1x rgb port is same thing, u dont have to plug cpu rgb if theres none, u can put normal 5050 rgb strip there aswell

difference between RGB and ARGB is very simple,
RGB can do only 1 color in a mix of Red Green Blue (full led strip 1 color)
with ARGB u can do many colors with single led strip (see youtube for rgb rainbow effect)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0U4SykgytA

Solution