[SOLVED] Quick rig check question

noobofnoobs

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
Hello there

I'm planning on buying an RTX series 3000 GPU somewhere later this year, most likely a 3080 (fingers crossed that its released before CyberPunk 2077)

I was wondering if i would have to upgrade anything else in my PC so i can play Cyberpunk at the highest or next to highest settings. (the i5 7600k is overclocked to 4.8Ghz)

My setup:

MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON

Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 3000 C15

Asus PG279Q

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING Z 8G

be quiet Dark Power Pro 11 650W

Intel Core i5 7600K

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend!

Solution
For that monitor and your prospected settings... rtx3080 is a good plan.

From what I saw, the game will utilize more than 4 threads , so that will be your weak point. Just don’t know how much of a problem it’ll be, if the gpu will be the one to pull the load, you may be fine. I think your gpu upgrade has reason, because of your desired resolution and refresh rate, but I wouldn’t touch the platforms generation yet, because that’ll just be a whole new pc build.

Don’t forget to check for a better warranty for the gpu purchase, go for that 3 year card
3080..? Which monitor are you using?

Hard to say about performance when it’s not officially released. There are only estimations right now, but most likely you’ll need something like 3060, cpu will probably pull fine but I see that more cores will definitely help for 60fps @1080p

I wouldn’t buy anything until you really know what you need, which gpu do you have now?

For that monitor and your prospected settings... rtx3080 is a good plan.

From what I saw, the game will utilize more than 4 threads , so that will be your weak point. Just don’t know how much of a problem it’ll be, if the gpu will be the one to pull the load, you may be fine. I think your gpu upgrade has reason, because of your desired resolution and refresh rate, but I wouldn’t touch the platforms generation yet, because that’ll just be a whole new pc build.

Don’t forget to check for a better warranty for the gpu purchase, go for that 3 year card

Reactions: noobofnoobs
Solution