here's the configuration:
1.5 ghz P4
abit mobo TH-7 raid
128 MB RDRAM PC800 { those that came with the boxed processor }
Radeon 64 MB DDR
SB live player 5.1
IBM 40 GB ( 60 GXP )
PS: enermax 400 watts
is it possible with this configuration to get a : 2979 score on 3DMARK2001..!!!!! this is unbelievable. Max payne wont even run with hardware T&L, only with software...and sandra compares my performance on multiple benchmarks with a 1 GHZ PIII...and even lower.....what the heck's going on..
plus, what's the regular CPU temp. that i should be having...
any help would be great.....thanks....

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the pentium 4 is a very poor performer... 3dmark runs a lot better with nvidia cards.... 128 ram isnt a plus either... hmph...

if in doubt blame microsoft...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I can beet that with a PIII 700 overclocked to 933 and a Radeon LE. In fact, I HAVE beet that score with these components.
But wait, the P4 uses dual channel memory. I think it's possible to use a terminator (CRIMM) in one socket, which would cut your memory bandwidth in half. Do you actually have two memory modules or a RIMM and a CRIMM? Anyway, 128MB is not enough if your running anything newer than Win98.

Back to you Tom...

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
well...i installed the newer drivers from ATI...and the score is now 3400...is that any good???
and yes..i am using 2 64 rdrams and 2 crimms...on win98se.....should i get another 2 64 rams??

G

I reach to 2500 3DMark2001 points with my Duron 600@800, GeForce2GTS (not overclocked) and 512MB SDRAM(133MHz). That was pretty close to your initial score. Man, AMD+Nvidia rules :) :) :)

<font color=red>Apple</font color=red> <font color=blue>inside</font color=blue>, <font color=green>idiot</font color=green> <font color=purple>outside</font color=purple>...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually the cheapest Radeon card (LE) when overclocked matches the stock speed GTS in 3D-Mark 2001. Since the Retail Radeon DDR has faster memory it might match the GTS when both are at stock speed or when they're both overclocked. But my 3D-Mark 2001 experience shows that the Radeon can run more test and support additional textures, which can provide a more realistic background in game play. I own a GTS and a Radeon LE BTW.

Back to you Tom...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Get two moree 64's or better yet two 128's (hey, even Rambus is getting cheap at that size). Better to have 384MB than 256MB anyway, considering that you may want to "upgrade" your software later.

Back to you Tom...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think I even posted that one at Madonions site if you would like to look. Unfortunately, Madonion does NOT differentiate between the LE and the 32MB DDR card, which is unfair, since the Retail 32MB DDR card can be overclocked farther (it has 5.5ns instead of 6ns memory). Of course the OEM 32MB DDR card has the same 6ns memory as the LE.

Back to you Tom...

G

whats going on with my system then!
TBird1.4ghz
msi k7t266 pro-r
512mbddr ram
voodoo4 graphics card
only kicks out 1500 on3dmark2001
Boy have i got problems!!

Palpatine

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
The solution to your problem is:

Take the v4 out of your pc and get to a high place. Throw the v4 to test its aerodynamic behavior. Get a new card.

Palpatine

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
With a Duron@1000 (multipler only, 100mhz fsb), 256MB PC133, and a Ge2 GTS at 220/385 (goes up to 400), Win2k and running 3dmark2k1 at 1024x768x32, I get a score a little over 3400. Moving from win98 to win2k boosted my score about 200 marks. Can't wait to download the new Nvidia drivers and see what they do...

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Just curious Crashman... but could you provide any links to a Radeon LE beating a GTS in benchmarks, since you made that claim?

Because I can provide quite a few links to GTS's beating Radeon 64 DDR's.

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'll post some new scores today at madonion's site if you like! Both the GTS and the LE! Remeber that the LE can run a couple more test than the GTS in 2001, and that 2001 uses 32-bit instead of 16-bit color, where Hyper Z starts to have an effect.

Back to you Tom...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Guesse what? Now that I have the Detonator 4 drivers loaded, my STOCK SPEED GTS MATCHES my OVERCLOCKED RADEON LE in 2001, and my overclocked GTS goes for around 3290 marks. So that cancells out the LE, BUT even overc locked the Radeon is running a slower clock that the STOCK clock for the GTS. So this implies nothing for the Retail Radeon DDR which should overclock much farther (since it has faster memory). Now that the newest drivers have been tried for both cards, I'll revise my statement above, thanks.

Back to you Tom...