Radeon vs. GF2 race, you will be surprised

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
If you are searching for a video card for your needs and are not sure which card to buy this review will probably help. It is one of the most objective review if not the best review I've seen dealing with the Radeon and GF2. It covers; 2d quality (clarity and speed); FSAA, who is better? 3d image Quality, FPS in both Win98 and W2k. The article even covers one of my favorite benchmarks, VilliageMark. Not to mention professional application test. What is best about the article is that you may walk away from it deciding on one or the other card depending on what you need. I highly recommend this review, it is unbias as it gets. Hint the reviewer kept using his GF2 and not the Radeon, check and find out why.
<A HREF="http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2001q1/radeon/" target="_new">http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2001q1/radeon/</A>

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
That's a biased/opinionated review. You can tell right from the start where he says "Rubbish And Destructive Evil On NVIDIA".

Anyone looking for a video card stay away from this shitty review site and it's reviews.

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone would ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
You could actually read that far? Come on, did you read the rest of the review or just looked at the very beginning. How about looking at the conclusion first to see if it is worth it. I think it is a fine overall representation of those two cards. I guest everyone has their opinion but facts are worth more than a thousand words. Griz I thought that was kinda funny anyways, sorry that it actually offended you. Well maybe it didn't offend you, what in the review did you find in error? Anyone else care to comment, just remember don't try to compare it to a Tom Pabst review which are on a different plane than the average reviewer. Anyways the person reviewing the two cards did not side with either one and to top it off he choosed the Geforce 2 GTS for his particular reasons which he specifies but acknowledges that for others the Radeon maybe better. So if you have the time skim though the article and see if it helps you. If not let us know.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
If I read a review, and at the beginning they're already making a conclusion I will not read it. Unless it's a legit hypothesis, which this wasn't.

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone would ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
"Rubbish And Destructive Evil On NVIDIA".

Griz, can't you recognize sarcasm when you see it?

I was surprised, myself, but the review does appear objective and the reviewer does choose the Geforce card in the end. Nearly all the test results were in favor of the Geforce and those that weren't were explained with reasonable conclusions.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 02/27/01 08:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well, that was an interesting read. I wasn't in any way surprised however.

Though I have to say that I'm confused about something. During the review he kept talking about the GeForce2. But in the beginning he showed the GeForce2 Ultra stats and how they were clearly better than the plain old GeForce2.

And then he continued to NOT use or mention a GeForce2 Ultra in any part of the rest of the review.

So someone reading the first part sees how much better the GeForce2 Ultra sounds over the GeForce2, and then their hopes of seeing the Ultra compared to the RADEON are completely dashed.

I think it's pretty obvious myself that the Ultra kicks the Radeon's butt in 3D perfomance. But someone who didn't already know this reading that review would be left to only guess because other than the very beginning, the Ultra was completely ignored.

I don't consider that to be a very good review to mention an even better product than what is being reviewed and NOT compare it to the others. I'd have loved to see the severe RADEON trouncing in the benchmarks...

- Sanity is purely based on point-of-view.