Radiator fans-intake vs exhaust

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
I currently have a 240mm radiator mounted at the top of my CM 690 II Advanced. There are 2 Cooler Master 120mm LED fans on top of the rad (I also have 2 Yate Loons lying around - would those be better?). Since hot air rises it would make sense to use the rad fans as exhaust, but since they are on top of the rad and not under it, using them as intake is what I've been doing. Should I use the rad fans as intake or exhaust?

Lutfij

Titan
but make sure the dimensions are spot on.

* have fun with your build - I won't be around for a few days but i know Moto and Rubix'll be of great help.

Keep digging and look at the link i sent about the case club - since you're spending this much time talking to us why not look at other peoples cases and inspire yourself?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If your tubing is OD of 3/4" then yes, you'll need the 3/4" OD clamps. I always get about 10 feet of tubing and usually have a few left over, but it never hurts to spend only a few dollars (pounds or unit of currency for you :) ) to get extra, just in case. My current build is pretty big, I got 10 feet of tubing and had about 1.5 left over without any waste.

Moto! That was you, eh? Always interesting to hear the voice of those you have until now only heard via printed text. :)

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
About to order my parts probably tonight, just a quick question if I should get cold cathodes for UV lighting, or get UV fans, or both. Also, should I additionally add an NZXT LED kit for more lights?

Cathodes can be cool, watch out for the inverter overheating and blowing though, I'd say Uv led's or fans, I have to completely disassemble my rig to replace an inverter for a mod I did, and frankly, cba right now, when i strip to add the gfx cards I'll redesign the placement to make life easier on myself
Moto

Depends on how many you have, where they are,
but if you want specific areas highlighted then leds wired to where you want them, a cathode/ pair of would have a large area spread but check out gluetube vids for some examples of each before deciding which is for you
Moto

Cs342

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Bitspower G 1/4in. True Brass Fitting for 1/2in. Tubing
Hose Clamp - Herbie Clip® Nylon Size D - Blue
Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL)
Feser Tube - FT - Active UV Hose - ID 1/2in. x 3/4in. - UV BLUE
XSPC Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir (Aluminum Black or Silver Front)
XSPC RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (Intel) - LGA 2011 Compatible
Logisys Dual UV 12 in. CCFL Light Kit
EK Waterblocks LED 5mm Twin Ultra UV
Artic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Compound
Subtotal: $137.47
Shipping: $53.25
Tax: $0.00
Total:$190.72

kl6mk6

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
I just moved my Corsair H90 push/pull to the front intake (had to mount sideways to fit). I had to raise my CPU .005v for some reason, but I got a 8 degree drop in my stress test. Temps went from 87 after 10 min to 79 after 25 min!!! if you can fit it, I would definitely recommend upper front intake (don't blow hot air on your GPUs).

4790K @ 4.6MHz 1.185v
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H Black
8GB (4x4) G.Skill DDR3 2133MHz
2 x EVGA 970 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.