RAGE Requires 25GB of HDD, 3 Discs for Xbox 360

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
[citation][nom]lolrage[/nom]I see a lot of logical fallacies in some of the arguments here. Pretending like this isnt a console port because development was done on console/pc at the same time is misleading. ANY time spent away from the pc and put towards the console inherently brings down the quality of the pc version. I want a game to be 100% developed for the pc, and then ported to a console later once they have the time. By building them both together what we're really getting is a maxed out console game suitable for a pc. And this crazy belief that it is better to have a game running sub-par so that "everyone can enjoy it" is just ridiculous beyond belief. How about ferrari stop making super cars and focus on sedans so that "everyone can enjoy a ferrari". It's not really a ferrari anymore then is it? High end systems are not so rare that developers shouldnt focus on it. And purposely designing your game around the lowest common denominator is not good motivation to get people to buy it. Who cares if some guys Pentium 4 with 2GB of ram and Windows XP can run Rage now, crap is crap. There is nothing "awesome" about the fact that your game runs like trash on a trash system.[/citation]

Agreed. Lucky high end PC get shown some love. We have Witcher 2 which is absolutely gorgeous maxed out on PC and being ported to consoles at a later date.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Mark Heath[/nom]I'm still getting past that 25GB bit, if games come out that big too often it's bye bye ssds o_O[/citation]
Not sure why anyone would waste money on a SSD yet. They're too small. but from what I understand, you can install your OS on a SSD and have your applications on your HDD. That's the way to go, for now until the price of SSDs come WAY down and the capacities go WAY up.

darkside_gamer7

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009
I respect all platforms for what they can do but I have to agree that pcs are under utilized...the unreal engine used for GW3 is totally good...they made a sample sequence utilizing its full potential and it took 3 580's to keep it at 30 fps or greater...I'm not saying they wasted it...GW3 is a great looking game and its an awesome play through but I just wish they would also feed the other kidz waiting in line with there high end pcs...I'm impressed with ps3 in the fact that sony had the genius to use XDR RAM...I cant wait til the next wave of AMD gpus...the 7970 will have 2gb of XDR2 RAM...crazy bandwidth but thats alot of GPU with no games to really push its limits...I wish they wld take the 6970 architecture and fully utilize that in a console...see what kinda crazy graphics we can get then compared to 7000 series geforce

G

I love the fact that there are hardly any games being developed to take advantage of high-end pc's. Why waste money on a niche Market. You guys are mugs to spend the money upgrading to play one or two games at max settings each year. How do you define idiot? The man that spends hundreds of dollars each year on a gaming rig so he can boast to other geeks about how much untapped power he will never be able to take advantage of.

notuptome2004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]oblivionlord[/nom]AI in this game is comparable to 10+ year old AI such as HL1.I'll probably pass on this game.[/citation]

have you even watched anything on Rage cause i take it you have not cause well this game get piss poor Previews had the A.I been that bad

notuptome2004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]gento1[/nom]I love my iPad but this is one of the most utterly pointless ideas I have heard for a while.[/citation]

WTF you talking about

if your talking about the Rage being on the console or PC this version is nothing like the on-rails Rage HD that is on your iPad as that version is based around the fictional Mutan bash TV in the Rage game universe

ok so the 360 is better just because developers are lazy? :lol: ok kid whatever you say

[citation][nom]darkside_gamer7[/nom]I respect all platforms for what they can do but I have to agree that pcs are under utilized...the unreal engine used for GW3 is totally good...they made a sample sequence utilizing its full potential and it took 3 580's to keep it at 30 fps or greater...I'm not saying they wasted it...GW3 is a great looking game and its an awesome play through but I just wish they would also feed the other kidz waiting in line with there high end pcs...I'm impressed with ps3 in the fact that sony had the genius to use XDR RAM...I cant wait til the next wave of AMD gpus...the 7970 will have 2gb of XDR2 RAM...crazy bandwidth but thats alot of GPU with no games to really push its limits...I wish they wld take the 6970 architecture and fully utilize that in a console...see what kinda crazy graphics we can get then compared to 7000 series geforce[/citation]

Mock News Article from the Near Future:

Bit-coiners rejoice in the availability of the latest in AMD graphics. It appears PC gamers were hip to the fact that the hardware is 1 or more years ahead of pc gaming development.

I am an idiot and I approve of this message.

Gryphes

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
pirate version is just ~11GB when u extract it. it expands to 25GB. lol how funny
pirates seem more concern about their fans but we give them nothing actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.