rohit

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2004

Hi,

Can RAID be setup in a PC with pentium processor & intel original 865 GBF
motherboard or do i need to buy a server with xeon processor & different
motherboard etc. ?

Regards, Rohit

http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/index.htm
--
William

"Rohit" <rohitsahib@digitalanand.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can RAID be setup in a PC with pentium processor & intel original 865 GBF
> motherboard or do i need to buy a server with xeon processor & different
> motherboard etc. ?
>
> Regards, Rohit

"Rohit" <rohitsahib@digitalanand.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can RAID be setup in a PC with pentium processor & intel original 865 GBF
> motherboard or do i need to buy a server with xeon processor & different
> motherboard etc. ?
>
> Regards, Rohit

Does your current MB have a RAID controller? If so you can set up RAID in
any OS
you have drivers for. Or are you asking about software RAID using XP?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314343

Jim M

Rohit -

Hardware RAID must be supported by the motherboard OR an "add-on" card.

The Intel 875 and 925 motherboards have this hardware RAID support, your
865GBF does not.

gb

"Rohit" <rohitsahib@digitalanand.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can RAID be setup in a PC with pentium processor & intel original 865 GBF
> motherboard or do i need to buy a server with xeon processor & different
> motherboard etc. ?
>
> Regards, Rohit

rohit

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2004

could not find out the answer. ; - (

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/index.htm
> --
> William
>

> "Rohit" <rohitsahib@digitalanand.net> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can RAID be setup in a PC with pentium processor & intel original 865 GBF
>> motherboard or do i need to buy a server with xeon processor & different
>> motherboard etc. ?
>>
>> Regards, Rohit

rohit

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2004

And how a RAID setup can be benificial for me? I'm doing video work.

Regards, Rohit