Specs:
Mobo: Aorus B550 Pro AC
GPU: Aorus 6800xt Master
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
PSU: Corsair RM850x
RAM: Corsiar Vengenace pro 3200MHZ
SSD: Western Digital 1TB M.2

Hello all,

My PC has been having some issues recently, I will start from the beginning. My games where stuttering and all my gpus I bought got RMA'd as faulty, which when tested they were, I then decided to send my Mobo back as well and it got tested as faulty with a faulty power chip and got repaired. After I got the PC back, it was on for 8 hours and then went into sleep mode I think.

I tried to turn it back on but the system would not post and make any beep codes, I decided to flash the bios to the latest one and then it started giving me what I initially thought was a GPU error from the 1 long and 3 short beeps so I RMA'd it back to gigabyte and they requested the board and the GPU, when they tested it, it worked fine which is weird as if it was GPU it would of been faulty. I got the board back and gigabyte sent over their beep codes, which have changed recently to AMI, so 1 long and 3 short is "Conventional/Extended Memory Failure" which is RAM.

I asked a friend to bring round a RAM stick (Known Working, Personal Stick) and he also brought a PSU round to test that, even with the RAM and PSU plugged in I still got the same beep code, the fans spin, LED's work and that's it.

I am stating to think it is my CPU but wanted to be sure as if it isn;t faulty it will be pricy to get it returned to me.

I know for sure it is not the Motherboard, GPU, RAM and maybe PSU (It was a unused PSU from his old rig that did work before), could it be the CPU causing these RAM beep codes? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
What is the part number of your ram kit and the test kit?
ryzen is picky about ram.
Not all ram is compatible.
The kit should show up as supported on the motherboard ram qvl list, or be explicitly supported by the ram vendor.

Has the motherboard been updated to the current bios level?
Bios upgrades often address ram compatibility issues.
Jul 18, 2021
Have you checked to make sure you didn't bend any pins when you installed the CPU? That can be the cause of RAM errors. It's generally quite uncommon for a CPU itself to fail.
Yes, there is no bent pins. The cpu also goes into the socket with ease. I feel like if I bent the pins the PC would of not even ran for the 8 hours it did.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yes, there is no bent pins. The cpu also goes into the socket with ease. I feel like if I bent the pins the PC would of not even ran for the 8 hours it did.

Did you check that you didn't bend any pins or are you just assuming you did not? Because a PC running does not mean there aren't any bent pins; depending on which pins are bent, you could run a CPU for eight years with some, not just eight hours.

RAM problems caused by bent pins that interact with the memory controller is something that happens regularly around here.

Jul 18, 2021
Did you check that you didn't bend any pins or are you just assuming you did not? Because a PC running does not mean there aren't any bent pins; depending on which pins are bent, you could run a CPU for eight years with some, not just eight hours.

RAM problems caused by bent pins that interact with the memory controller is something that happens regularly around here.
Before writing the reply I went and double checked the cpu, I can assure you non of the pins are bent.

What is the part number of your ram kit and the test kit?
ryzen is picky about ram.
Not all ram is compatible.
The kit should show up as supported on the motherboard ram qvl list, or be explicitly supported by the ram vendor.

Has the motherboard been updated to the current bios level?
Bios upgrades often address ram compatibility issues.

Solution