twennywonn

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I have a Intel DG33TL MB and it says:

The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

* 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
* Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
* 8 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 667 or DDR2 800 DIMMs
* Minimum total system memory: 512 MB
* Non-ECC DIMMs
* Serial Presence Detect
* DDR2 800 or DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
* DDR2 667 SIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
* DDR2 800 SIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)

My question is can I purchase ram that says (Volt: 1.8 - 2.2) I know this may be a dumb question I just do not want to have to return it back to newegg once ive purchased it?

Also It says it only accepts ram with CAS 5 Timings is there anyway to work around that?

If you have any recomendations for ram on the DG33TL Please let me know, I want at least 2gb and I would like to stay around $100.

Thank you for your help.

1haplo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
To answer your questions. Voltage: 1.8 - 2.2: Some motherboards will require 1.8V to boot. My P5B Deluxe was being a pain. My ram was 2.0V so it would not boot, So I uses a old DDR2-533 to boot. Then change Mem Volt in BIOS and installed other RAM.

On some Intel boards if you install some DDR2 800 W/ SPD of lets say 4-4-5. It will lower it to 667 and you can go in the BIOS and manualy set the speed and timings.

Most RAM is cheap now so Crucial has a Crucial Memory Advisor™ tool. to let you know what RAM from them will work in your board. They have 2 Gig kits for your board for around 50-70 $ Guaranteed-compatible memory upgrades for your Intel DG33TL Motherboard.

I am going to say Most ram will work in most boards. I know that some people have problems. Stay with good reviewed RAM.... If the ram has a lot of compatability issues stay away.