[SOLVED] Ram slots 1 and 2 don’t work, but 3 and 4 do work.

Apr 14, 2020
I built my PC in August of this year. When I built it, I was able to use all 4 ram slots. But After I had cleaned my pc, two of the ram slots didn’t work. I have tried both ram sticks, neither worked in slots 1 and 2.
I have also tried clearing cmos and booting without a battery. Slots 3 and 4 are fully functional. I’ll add a video of it, but when I boot my pc, there are 4 indicator lights as to which stage of booting the PC is at. The light will jump between CPU and DRAM for a bit, then freeze at DRAM.

PC SPECS ———————-
CPU-i5-9600K at 3.7GHz
RAM- Corsair vengeance lpx 2x8GB 3000mHz
Mobo-gigabyte z390UD LGA 1151
PSU-corsaircx650m
Gpu-RTX 2060
1TB Hhd
128gb ssd
Windows 10 home edition

Solution
To run in dual channel mode, the 2 sticks of RAM need to be either in B2 (slot 2) and A2 (slot 4), or B1 (slot 1) and A1 (slot 3), slot 1 being the slot closest to your CPU. If your sticks are in slots 3 and 4, my guess is they're not running in dual channel mode.
To run in dual channel mode, the 2 sticks of RAM need to be either in B2 (slot 2) and A2 (slot 4), or B1 (slot 1) and A1 (slot 3), slot 1 being the slot closest to your CPU. If your sticks are in slots 3 and 4, my guess is they're not running in dual channel mode.

Solution