[SOLVED] RAM usage high even after startup please help

Feb 28, 2022
I have an old pc, its windows 10 operating system, 8GB of ram(now at 7.8GB), 2 days ago the RAM usage that my pc took after startup, started to rise, first it was normally 60%, then it turned to 70%, then 80%, and today it was 90%. CPU is stuff are completely normal. after trying to lower RAM by ending high RAM usage software in Task Manager, and removing Apps from startup, the lowest I got was still 78% RAM (Currently while I'm typing its 80-85%). Please help.

Last edited:
Solution
The thing that stands out to me is there's a lot of instances of "RuntimeBroker", which a cursory glance on the internet tells me it's for Windows Store apps.

So a couple things to try in no particular order:
Can you take a picture of this page in Task Manager?
GO5YMaZ.png

Though right click on the column headers, click on "Select columns", check "Working set", then sort it by that like in this image.

The thing that stands out to me is there's a lot of instances of "RuntimeBroker", which a cursory glance on the internet tells me it's for Windows Store apps.

Solution
Feb 28, 2022

THANKS SO MUCH, I don't know which worked, but after I restarted it was 30-40% which is REALLY good. Can't Thank you enough!!!

Reactions: hotaru.hino