Question Ram wont run as advertised

Jul 20, 2024
I’ve had this issue for more than 2 years where my ram won’t go or be stable above 2400 even then sometimes will run into BSOD because of it.
Specs:
R7 2700x
Xfx RX580 8gb
32gb 3200 CORSAIR - VENGEANCE RGB PRO (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16
Cx550w psu by Corsair
Mobo- ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II

I’ve tried everything I can think of
-xmp
-updating bios
-Manually putting in timings
-reset cmos
-putting it one lower or even multiple lower but isn’t stable/wont boot
-Clean w11 install

Any help would be appreciated

Zen+ is rated to DDR4-2933 only for two sticks. Going to 4 sticks puts a much greater load on the memory controller, particularly if each stick is a dual-rank DIMM (which for some boards is an unsupported configuration), so you have to expect lower stable speeds at any voltage.

Fortunately you have an overclocker's board with voltage adjustments. I suggest trying a lot more voltage than you think you need with 4 sticks, before resorting to a different kit. The memory controller is still subject to the silicon lottery even with the latest BIOS/AGESA, but you should at least be able to run 2933 at default voltage when only using two sticks.

Jul 20, 2024
Zen+ is rated to DDR4-2933 only for two sticks. Going to 4 sticks puts a much greater load on the memory controller, particularly if each stick is a dual-rank DIMM (which for some boards is an unsupported configuration), so you have to expect lower stable speeds at any voltage.

Fortunately you have an overclocker's board with voltage adjustments. I suggest trying a lot more voltage than you think you need with 4 sticks, before resorting to a different kit. The memory controller is still subject to the silicon lottery even with the latest BIOS/AGESA, but you should at least be able to run 2933 at default voltage when only using two sticks.
I appreciate the reply, I went to 1.5v on the ram and it still didn’t boot. It did the 3 cycles then turned off should I keep going higher. Heat wouldn’t be a problem as I have a H7 flow max fans along with 3fan aio. The motherboard was bought 2nd hand from a random no name store and don’t know if that could be the issue.

Well, no boot is pretty different from unstable with occasional BSOD. The RAM is either on your board's QVL or it isn't--that list is what ASUS tested on that specific board when it was new, and "similar" builds do not apply because those each have their own list.

I wouldn't go over 1.5v for sure, and agree with JBG: find two matching sticks and try running them at default voltage at 2933.