Question Random Blue Screen, Possible GPU Driver Issue

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Yesterday I had a random blue screen, which I suspect was caused by bad GPU drivers. My reasoning is that I've had a blue screen caused by GPU drivers in the past, and that recently, I've been having strange "slow downs" on random YouTube and Netflix videos. Last time, I unintalled the drivers with DDU and installed the latest version afterwards, which seemed to fix the issue until now. Build this is happening to is in my signature. Here's a link to the Minidump zip file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkAzlxZO8RqZvE9Yt89TaKkxKRTa?e=S0PMzf

Nov 15, 2021
Hello mate ! I have the same issues since maybe 1 or 2 month don't bother going around the web looking for clues it's not hopeless but you will (i think) not found the solution maybe we can help each other ... the only clue i have is that one guys in i don't know which country try it all he had the same problem he changes ram stick, then motherboard, then SSD, then he changed his CPU and he never had BSOD after that
So it's mainly caused by CPU maybe a Hardware malfunction but i don't think so because i got mine (Ryzen 5 3600x) since only one year last month I also changed ram and SSD and it still crashes... some poeple also says it's caused by the motherboard ethernet chipset going in conflict with i don't what maybe the CPU

If you have the same problem as me you should encounter the following BSOD (already or soon):
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • REGISTRY_ERROR
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • ATTEMPTED_WRITE_ON_READONLY_MEMORY
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)
  • IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (after inputting the PIN)
and several others that seems to say things about "memory"

I tried today to download and install or update i don't even know if i had them the amd chipset drivers for my CPU i'll tell you if it changes anything for me, Have a good luck and I hope we'll get this <Mod Edit> problem fixed

If you want a technique not to crash (i know it's realllly weird but) Just launch a game and come back like clicking on it every 2-3 minutes, you will not crash but it's a bit annoying and also weird that games are the solution for not crashing

What Windows version are you using ?

Last edited:

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Hello mate ! I have the same issues since maybe 1 or 2 month don't bother going around the web looking for clues it's not hopeless but you will (i think) not found the solution maybe we can help each other ... the only clue i have is that one guys in i don't know which country try it all he had the same problem he changes ram stick, then motherboard, then SSD, then he changed his CPU and he never had BSOD after that
So it's mainly caused by CPU maybe a Hardware malfunction but i don't think so because i got mine (Ryzen 5 3600x) since only one year last month I also changed ram and SSD and it still crashes... some poeple also says it's caused by the motherboard ethernet chipset going in conflict with i don't what maybe the CPU

If you have the same problem as me you should encounter the following BSOD (already or soon):
  • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
  • REGISTRY_ERROR
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • ATTEMPTED_WRITE_ON_READONLY_MEMORY
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)
  • IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
  • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
  • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (after inputting the PIN)
and several others that seems to say things about "memory"

I tried today to download and install or update i don't even know if i had them the amd chipset drivers for my CPU i'll tell you if it changes anything for me, Have a good luck and I hope we'll get this <Mod Edit> problem fixed

If you want a technique not to crash (i know it's realllly weird but) Just launch a game and come back like clicking on it every 2-3 minutes, you will not crash but it's a bit annoying and also weird that games are the solution for not crashing

What Windows version are you using ?
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I'm running the current version of Windows 10 20H2.

I think you may be on to something about the memory. According to WhoCrashed, 2 of my BSODs were caused by ntoskrnl.exe. With the power of Google, I found out that this indicates some issue with the memory. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic, which found no problems; however, I may run MemTest86 to be sure.

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Update: I've noticed that the stutters/slow downs are not limited to YouTube and Netflix. They seem to happen at random times no matter what I'm doing. Since my first post in the thread, I've tried updating the chipset drivers and the BIOS; however, this did not fix the stuttering. As written in my reply above, the memory may be an issue. Either that, or maybe some background program is causing this?

EDIT: Ran MemTest86 on all 4 passes, no errors where found.

Last edited:

JunkSniperJoe

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Apparently, the stutter may be caused by the fTPM option I've turned on in the BIOS in preparation for Windows 11. This OP at linustechtips.com had the same problem.
Since my last BIOS update, I need to have some form of TPM enabled, so I switched the option to discrete TPM. Since I do not have a discrete TPM module, this should turn off TPM completely from what I've read.

This still doesn't explain the crashes, so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.