CPU: Intel 9900KS
RAM: G.skill tridentZ 3600 mhz
GPU: Nvidia 1080TI
BOOT SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
HDD: 2TB and 4TB Seagate
NVME 1:Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
NVME 2:Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

So first i've had issues with NVME SSD's for a long time now, where bios and windows recognizes my NVME SSD, but sometimes the files on the SSD will be inaccesable/unuseable with the message that it cant find the file path. I've even gotten 2 different NVME's to try and same results. And if i try to install windows on any of the NVME's the setup stops after 20% or so and i get and error message stating "windows cannot install required files 0xc0000005" and sometimes with the code 0x8007025d. My old 840 EVO as windows boot have been working just fine. But now the pc started to get random programs that would stop working, windows explorer would sometimes crash and i always end up having to restart the pc, and sometimes after restarting the program i used before the crash wont relaunch and i end up turning off the PSU for abit and then boot it up. Now i borrowed a new 870 EVO 1TB to install windows on and see if that made i more stable, but that SSD is behaving just like my NVME's would, and i'm not able to complete a windows install, with same error message. Now it starts to get abit weird as when i returned everything back to before i borrowed the 870 EVO, with just the 840 EVO and the 2 HDD's, it wont boot and right after bios splash it just flashes black a couple of times and then sometimes show this blue screen with some recovery/repair (and at the same time this odd hissing noice is coming from the CPU area until i exit the recovery thing, i can only replicate the noice this way, nothing else i do with the pc gets this noice). if i remove the 2TB hdd it will boot again now, but first have thoose black flashes again.

I even tryet unpluggin everything except the new EVO 870 and it still wont install windows (same for NVME's), but if i plug in my EVO 840 i can use the same install media to install windows no problems.

I'm running my head against the wall on this one, BIOS is fully updated, i've made sure not to conflict the sata port with the NVME's as the manual instructs.

Solution
does the 840 work as normal still?

it could be a bad PSU... could be MB as well.

that partitioning thing is strange.

nvme power requirements vary. PCIe drives can turn off completely so its possible they aren't waking up again from sleep.
https://sabrent.com/blogs/storage/ssd-power-consumption
I only looked at it as I thought they might ask for more power than ssd but not really
My nvme has been on for 378 days, my hdd that was installed same day has been on 505 days. The Nvme is boot drive.
it could be your nvme don't wake up and disappear until woken up.

its unlikely to be all 3 drives so its probably something else.

Colif

Win 11 Master
0x8007025d
did you see the answers here - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...to-clean/897417a4-dcd7-4be4-92c6-25f35959c735
one person found it was his motherboard.

have you tried another USB drive? I know it works on ssd but worth a try. Media errors can be the windows installer lacks the drivers for the actual USB. I seen it before

Now it starts to get abit weird as when i returned everything back to before i borrowed the 870 EVO, with just the 840 EVO and the 2 HDD's, it wont boot and right after bios splash it just flashes black a couple of times and then sometimes show this blue screen with some recovery/repair
on the evo 870 install, turn this off - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html - it might stop it acting up when plugged back in.

sQuiky

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013
I've played around with it abit, and i cant get the NVME's to work, i now got the 1TB SSD to work by making a 120GB partition and installing windows on that, but if i try make any other partitions out of it, and use that partition, windows crashes, and afterwards it wont boot (doesn't see the ssd), until i completely turn off the psu for about 5 sec, and then i can turn it back on.😓

Colif

Win 11 Master

nvme power requirements vary. PCIe drives can turn off completely so its possible they aren't waking up again from sleep.
I only looked at it as I thought they might ask for more power than ssd but not really
My nvme has been on for 378 days, my hdd that was installed same day has been on 505 days. The Nvme is boot drive.

Solution

sQuiky

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2013

Was a bad PSU, swapped my "old" evga supernova 850G2 for a Corsair HX1200 and its working with all drives installed now, and generally alot more stable(y)

I have a theory the partioning part worked cous the ssd power demand was limited this way or something like that cousing smaller voltage drops? It seems like the storage controllers are very sensible to variations from the power supply.