Question Random freezes and drops in FPS

Dec 3, 2020
Hello!
I recently installed a new graphcis card and in the same sweep, I ended up reinstalling windows. However, after about a week of playing on the new graphics card, my computer randomly starts to freeze and drop in FPS for several seconds. This happens both when I'm in a game and when I'm in Chrome for instance. I've checked the resource manager but I can hardly find anything unnormal/ alarming, however my SSD peaks at 100% usage when this occurs, when it normally lays around 20% usage.

I've reinstalled GPU drivers, removed GPU overclock, Updated BIOS, removed CPU overclock, ran disk analysis using WD dashboard, I've experimented with different nvcp settings. I've done practically everything I can find on the internet but the problem persists, any1 with any tips or a solution?

Specs:

- Intel I7 9700k running at 4,9Ghz

- Asus 2080 TI Strix OC

- Asus z390-A Prime

- WD WDS120G2G0B-00EP SSD

- WD blue 1tb drive (HDD)

- 2x Corsair vengeance LPX black (16Gb) DDR4

- 1x Hynix (8Gb) DDR4

- Thermaltake 700w RGB PSU

Lutfij

Titan
RGB+Thermaltake+wattage on PSU ending with two zero's (almost always) = a bad PSU. Lemme guess, it's a SMART series PSU from Thermaltake, huh?

Furthermore, why are you mixing and matching sticks of ram? You should leave out the SK Hynix ram and have only the Corsair sticks, in the appropriate slots on the motherboard to enable dual channel mode.

What version of Windows 10 are you on? Did you recreate your installer for the OS using Windows Media Creation Tools? Installing the latest drivers for your entire platform(sourced from manufacturer's support site), manually and in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Dec 3, 2020
RGB+Thermaltake+wattage on PSU ending with two zero's (almost always) = a bad PSU. Lemme guess, it's a SMART series PSU from Thermaltake, huh?

Furthermore, why are you mixing and matching sticks of ram? You should leave out the SK Hynix ram and have only the Corsair sticks, in the appropriate slots on the motherboard to enable dual channel mode.

What version of Windows 10 are you on? Did you recreate your installer for the OS using Windows Media Creation Tools? Installing the latest drivers for your entire platform(sourced from manufacturer's support site), manually and in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Yes, the PSU is indeed a smart-series.

I had 2x8Gb before, however My Friend decided to upgrade His ram and therefore he have me the single 8gb stick.

I'm om Windows 10 PRO x64, version 19041.630.

Dec 3, 2020

Just tried running some different games on highest resolution and so on. Just as the game froze and dropped in FPS, my cpu-usage spiked to 100% and gpu-usage dropped to 0%.