Jun 22, 2021
Recently I have been having issues where my computer will completely freeze forcing me to restart, usually, after a restart, my E drive does not appear and I have to restart again. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Specs are

Ryzen 7 3700x

Asus Prime x570-pro

Gigabyte Rtx 2070 super

32gb trident neo ram

Nzxt X73

Corsair 1tb gen4 nvme

Seagate 2tb 7200 rpm hdd

Corsair rm 650x PSU

Temps on cpu and gpu are fine. Idle cpu is around 60 C and gpu is about the same.

Last edited:
Solution
How old is the PSU in your build? I'd first start with cross checking the existing BIOS version on your motherboard with that listed on Asus's support page. Then update BIOS gradually if there are BIOS versions pending for update(don't jump to the latest). Then backup any and/or all critical content and then proceed to reinstall the OS. To me it seems like an OS issue.

Speaking of OS, you should fabricate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools.
Jun 22, 2021
My windows 10 pc has an issue where my computer will freeze where I can move the mouse but not interact with anything. Some programs do still run in the background normally but I usually have to restart. There are some times after I restart where it's not reading my second hard drive and need to restart again. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Specs are

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

MB: Asus Prime x570-pro

GPU: Gigabyte Rtx 2070 super

RAM: 32gb trident neo

CPU COOLER: Nzxt X73

BOOT DRIVE: Corsair 1tb gen4 nvme

HDD: Seagate 2tb 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair rm 650x PSU

Temps on cpu and gpu are fine. Idle cpu is around 60 C and gpu is about the same.

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? I'd first start with cross checking the existing BIOS version on your motherboard with that listed on Asus's support page. Then update BIOS gradually if there are BIOS versions pending for update(don't jump to the latest). Then backup any and/or all critical content and then proceed to reinstall the OS. To me it seems like an OS issue.

Speaking of OS, you should fabricate your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Solution