Question Random PC Crashes on Ryzen 7 5700X & RTX 3060 Ti – Troubleshooting Help Needed

Oct 10, 2024
I have been experiencing random PC crashes for over six months, even during light tasks like web browsing. Here are my system specifications:

• CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 (rev.1.2)
  • GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti
  • RAM: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
  • OS: Windows 11 (previously running Windows 10 with the same hardware)
To diagnose the issue, I have conducted the following tests:

• Monitored temperatures using HWInfo and CPU-Z.
  • Stressed the system with Cinebench R22, R24, Heaven Benchmark, and Furmark, but none of these tests triggered the crash.
  • No relevant crash reports were found in the Event Viewer.
  • Tested the system with a single RAM stick, but the issue persists.
  • Tried various BIOS versions, including FB, FGb, FGc, FGd, FGa, and FD, without success.
  • Swapped out RAM and the power supply, but the problem remains unresolved.
Despite extensive troubleshooting, the random crashes continue, and I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance in resolving this issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

OS: Windows 11 (previously running Windows 10 with the same hardware)
Did you migrate to Windows 11 using the internal upgrade path? If so, then you format and reinstall the OS after fabricating your bootable USB installer and installing the OS in offline mode.

Tried various BIOS versions, including FB, FGb, FGc, FGd, FGa, and FD, without success.
Flash to the latest version if you aren't on FGd, then clear the CMOS, once you've verified the BIOS was successfully flashed to the latest version.

Can you please elaborate what you're referring to as a crash? Do you mean a system reboot?

Swapped out RAM and the power supply, but the problem remains unresolved.
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and the replacement unit, as well as their ages in case they've been in service for a while.

How are you cooling the processor and what is the make and model of your case?