Question Random system shutdown

tdiffee1

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
I am running on an Asus M5A78L-M/USB 3.0 Rev X-0x motherboard 16 gigs (8 x2) of Crucial memory. My system keeps randomly crashing although it seems to do it most often when I am running an app that heavily draws on system resource. When it started doing this it only happened once every few days but now has reach the point where after the first crash you have to wait about 15 minutes or it will crash right after rebooting. My operating system is Wint 10 64-bit professional. I've had a tech out to look at it but they said it was just getting old (it is about five years old). It was originally just 8 gigs (4×2) and I added a Crucial SSD. The tech thought that might be an issue but this problem predated that installation. I no longer use the SSD and the frequency has increased but still happens about every hour even if I am just surfing the web for reading. Is there a fix or do I need to get a new system?

tdiffee1

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
I am running on an Asus M5A78L-M/USB 3.0 Rev X-0x motherboard 16 gigs (8 x2) of Crucial memory. My system keeps randomly crashing although it seems to do it most often when I am running an app that heavily draws on system resource. When it started doing this it only happened once every few days but now has reach the point where after the first crash you have to wait about 15 minutes or it will crash right after rebooting. My operating system is Wint 10 64-bit professional. I've had a tech out to look at it but they said it was just getting old (it is about five years old). It was originally just 8 gigs (4×2) and I added a Crucial SSD. The tech thought that might be an issue but this problem predated that installation. I no longer use the SSD and the frequency has increased but still happens about every hour even if I am just surfing the web for reading. Is there a fix or do I need to get a new system?
AMD FX-8320E
AMD Radeon 7700
I suffered a stroke recently and am in recovery so I cannot crack my box to verify the details. I did upgrade the power supply from a 250 W to 3rd party that has somewhere between 550 – 700 watts

tdiffee1

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
Since all that I do is research on the web and do a little bit writing I am just going to get a new box. Since I do not need a power system they are still well within my fixed income budget these days. I will salvage as much of the old system as I can but that is simply because I can't stand to see anything go to waste!

As was hinted in the reply above, I am thinking that it was probably a heat issue as turning a fan on directly over the events reduce the time drastically required to have a stable reboot.