Randomly dissconnecting When Playing Games

Apr 29, 2018
Hi there,

Backstory:
So, this problem accumulated after I upgraded my computer to windows 10 from windows 8.1, There was no issue and I had been using windows 8.1 for months on end with no issues. I upgraded due to my CPU being too modern for windows 8.1 so it was having problems.

Problem:
Whilst I am playing games, I'll randomly get disconnected from the servers, and if I am also in a call with friends on discord I will randomly lose connection to discord servers, however i'll still be connected to the internet and it works on every other device. I've tried multiple different adapters, I've changed the power options, and tried applying different options to the adapter. Sometimes I have to re-open discord just for me to be able to join the call again.

This also happens when I am downloading something (games) the download will be stopped and the connection from the wifi will actually be lost so I sometimes have to stop the download and re-connect to the internet. It's almost like I am over-using the wifi somehow it's difficult to explain my thought process in this situation.

Yes, I am using a USB dongle, however that is not the issue it's been completely fine up till i upgraded to windows 10. I've re-installed drivers for different adapters multiple times but non has fixed the issue.

I have come to conclusion that there is something missing/wrong with my PC as every adapter I use has the same outcome, and I've run out of ideas to fix the issue. I have re-installed my wifi adapter multiple times and still the problem occurs.

I really hope someone can help me with this issue as it's really starting to irritate me when I am trying to play games and i'll just get disconnected without warning.

Please do let me know if you need any more details I'd be more than glad to oblige .

*Image attached is a constant problem with steam*
974ca361d182099edc9e3ddb235a8720.png

Apr 29, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from erzcmc : "Randomly dissconnecting When Playing Games"

Hi there,

Backstory:
So, this problem accumulated after I upgraded my computer to windows 10 from windows 8.1, There was no issue and I had been using windows 8.1 for months on end with no issues. I upgraded due to my CPU being too modern for windows 8.1 so it was having problems.

Problem:
Whilst I am playing games, I'll randomly get disconnected from the servers, and if I am also in a call with friends on discord I will randomly lose connection to discord servers, however i'll still be connected to the internet and it works on every other device. I've tried multiple different adapters, I've changed the power options, and tried applying different options to the adapter. Sometimes I have to re-open discord just for me to be able to join the call again.

This also happens when I am downloading something (games) the download will be stopped and the connection from the wifi will actually be lost so I sometimes have to stop the download and re-connect to the internet. It's almost like I am over-using the wifi somehow it's difficult to explain my thought process in this situation.

Yes, I am using a USB dongle, however that is not the issue it's been completely fine up till i upgraded to windows 10. I've re-installed drivers for different adapters multiple times but non has fixed the issue.

I have come to conclusion that there is something missing/wrong with my PC as every adapter I use has the same outcome, and I've run out of ideas to fix the issue. I have re-installed my wifi adapter multiple times and still the problem occurs.

I really hope someone can help me with this issue as it's really starting to irritate me when I am trying to play games and i'll just get disconnected without warning.

Please do let me know if you need any more details I'd be more than glad to oblige .

*Image attached is a constant problem with steam*
974ca361d182099edc9e3ddb235a8720.png