Question Randomly no signal on the monitor

Shirox

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Hi,
My problem started when I wanted to play a game. Screen went greenish for a sec, after that black and no signal, pc had loud sound. I had to restart the pc and I noticed that I can't set the sound to the monitor. I updated the drivers and this issue was solved. But when I started a game the screen went black (no signal) again. After this it only got worse. I got black screen when using Chrome and after a while when I wanted to start and enter to windows, when I typed in my password for it and pressed enter I got a black screen. Only the first time I heard a loud sound from pc (like a vacuum cleaner).My psu is 2 years old everything else is around 7 or 8.
I forgot to mention in the beginning but before all this my pc randomly restarted with a high voltage warning.

No. Only the sound and that only happaned the first time, after that just random black screens.
Does your CPU have integrated graphics? Try using the motherboard display output instead of the graphics card's as a test, if not you may have to try swapping some parts with known working ones. The PSU that you have is highly suspect at this point for two reasons. First, that is a very low quality unit from years ago. Second, as PSUs age they lose some of their ability to deliver clean power and their total capacity of power delivery becomes reduced. Couple that with the lower quality unit that you have and it could have gone poof.

Shirox

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Does your CPU have integrated graphics? Try using the motherboard display output instead of the graphics card's as a test, if not you may have to try swapping some parts with known working ones. The PSU that you have is highly suspect at this point for two reasons. First, that is a very low quality unit from years ago. Second, as PSUs age they lose some of their ability to deliver clean power and their total capacity of power delivery becomes reduced. Couple that with the lower quality unit that you have and it could have gone poof.
But the psu is only 2 or 3 years old max + this psu still got a warranty. I guess at this point I'm lucky if it's only the psu. But with a warranty I would get the same one or can I buy a better one cheaper?

But the psu is only 2 or 3 years old max + this psu still got a warranty. I guess at this point I'm lucky if it's only the psu. But with a warranty I would get the same one or can I buy a better one cheaper?
Most likely not cheaper, but most modern designed PSUs will be better. PSUs are still sold as "New" even though their designs are decades old. You can RMA the PSU and try to sell its replacement, but that PSU has no business being inside a PC with a dedicated graphics card. Here are my recommendations on a replacement:
Seasonic GX 650w PSU
Thermaltake GF A3 - TT 750w PSU
Both have great, long warranties and are fully modular. They are also both very high quality units that will last close to a decade, all things considered.