Razer BlackWidow and Synapse Problem 2.0

Wyldereaper

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
I had Purchased the Razer Black-widow not too long ago and i installed synapse with the current version of firmware. When i open up Synapse all i get is please connect a razer synapse 2.0 enabled device. The Keyboard still works as i am typing it right now but when i went to device manager all it said under keyboard was 2 HID Keyboard Device. I went to the control panel and went to devices and printers and there was the black widow i right clicked and it said mouse and keyboard settings.

Please Help :( im really wanting to use the 5 macro keys

btw its a Black widow ultimate not the 2013 edition

Solution
this is typical of razer software, I have a naga as well as a nostro and 2 buddies have blackwidows, one being the 2013 one, and the software for all of our devices is a complete fail. Kinda like the support area and driver area on razers website. They make great peripherals, but when it comes to software, or coding their website, they are well known to fail.

im sorry that i cant provide you any information or help other then reiterating that razer cannot support their devices to save a life. Sorry

TidusJames

Honorable
Sep 4, 2012
this is typical of razer software, I have a naga as well as a nostro and 2 buddies have blackwidows, one being the 2013 one, and the software for all of our devices is a complete fail. Kinda like the support area and driver area on razers website. They make great peripherals, but when it comes to software, or coding their website, they are well known to fail.

im sorry that i cant provide you any information or help other then reiterating that razer cannot support their devices to save a life. Sorry

Solution

KarizmuH

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I recently had the same problem... all i did was re-download synapse. Once i did that i installed it but instead of fully re installing it I clicked the repair option... now it works fine for me!!!

Kherzhul

Honorable
May 6, 2013

What repair button? It doesn't show anything like this

mjnoon

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

hello and thank you i have dun that seam thing and now it is running :bounce:

chud67

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Agreed, there is no repair option.
I have also tried re-installing several times and it doesn't work, I still get "Please connect a razer synapse 2.0 enabled device".
Every single time.
The Razer install software SUCKS, and the Support section of their web site SUCKS.

Ayssean

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
I get this sometimes and the solution I found was to open up task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and find the Razer Synapse process then kill it. Then restart Synapse and it should work. A bit of a hassle, but easier than unplugging and plugging cables or reinstalls each time.

Jun 30, 2014

Jun 30, 2014

Jun 30, 2014
Okay i see your problem Wyldereaper , we currently tested with Razer Deathstalker and we try to run the synapes 2.0 program and Updated synapse 2.0 and its work fine , you should check out the latest update for the synapse 2.0 and let the update finished their job , remember went the update was running do not turn off or restart the PC or you will get the message" Please connect to a Razer 2.0 enable device " if that's doesn't work please send us your razer data to our razer help center

Team Razer

LeLORD

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
I have a solution that might work for some.
Go to control panel--- device manager--- search for your razer device which might be under controllers or under unidentefied usb device. right click and click uninstall. if it doesnt work right click uninstall and click remove drivers also. then restart your computer , open razer synapse, connect your device and wait. don't remove the device if it didnt detect it within a few seconds and try another port because that might have the problem in the first place.

emvy89

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I have the same problem except it with my Razer Blade. Ive had to buy a new mouse because the switchblade (including trackpad) isnt working! this is not a device that i can simply unplug, its a whole damn computer! Not happy razer!

Patrick732

Reputable
Sep 1, 2014
I know a solution. When you close razer synapse, it just closes to the system tray. So, as someone else mentioned, you can go to the task manager and kill it, or open the system tray and close it there, and then just re-open it. It has to re-intialize so it will work.

gpsmith1

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
I have a Mac running OS 10.9.4. My Mac absolutely will not recognize the keyboard. Going out of my mind! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why Razer won't just publish a software update to Synapse 2.0 that will address this issue.

Razorsux

Reputable
Oct 27, 2014
I currently own the Razor Black Widow Ultimate 2013 BF4 Edition and the Tartarus. My original Razor Black Widow Ultimate keyboard experienced a hardware failure after less than a year and I replaced it with the BF4 Ed. I've had this problem for more than a year with both keyboards and Tartarus and all versions of Synapse since that time. Last month I wiped the computer, including a reformat and clean install with Windows 7 Pro. After fully updating all the software I downloaded a fresh copy of Synapse from Razor and installed it. It worked without the connection message for less than a week. However, since then, whenever I start the computer up I get the message, just like before. I'll repeat this to make it clear, it does not matter what version of Synapse or if is a clean install or updated for several versions, the message is there. Razor has dropped the ball on this issue and reinstalling, disconnecting/reconnecting, stopping/starting processes is not a fix or reasonable solution. My solutions: Uninstall Synapse and enjoy a normal keyboard without special features or get a different manufacturer's keyboard/mouse. Razor will not fix this problem, they had plenty of time.

arides

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014

Same here, I also have a Mac running Mavericks 10.9.3, a Corsair K70 keyboard and Synapse 2.0 to manage my Razer Naga 2014 macros and it just won't recognize the keys I press. I press "S" and it understands i pressed F7, I press spacebar and it prints "M". I just don't know what else to do. I've tried 3rd party software like BetterTouch Tool, SteerMouse, USB Overdrive and Karabine but no luck, some of the keys aren't recognized either. So sad to know Razer sells his products for Mac users with the minimum support provided.

TheShadiestFox

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
I know this thread is a bit old now, but after just having this problem and visiting this thread for answers, I seem to have come across a solution. So for anyone else stumbling upon this again, here's how I just made my Synapse recognize my Black Widow Ultimate.

If you have Synapse already installed, go to your task manager and end any Razer Synapse related processes. Make sure to check the background processes also.

Once you've done this, unplug your keyboard from your computer, then launch Synapse. Once you're greeted with the menu saying to connect a Razer device, plug your keyboard back into your computer and it should recognize it. This worked for me, and hopefully anyone else that tries it.

Semtex99

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
I went to control panel, hardware and sounds, devices and printers, and there it was, the blackwidow chroma. I had the same problem where razer synapse said I had to connect a razer device. I closed the Razer synapse application and right clicked on the razer blackwidow chroma, then delete device. then unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in. let it automatically install the driver (as it does anytime you plug in a new usb device) and it worked!

Hussain Al-Hubail

Reputable
Sep 21, 2015
Solution (Worked for me on Windows 10!
Steps:
1. Uninstall any driver related to Razer "In Device Manager".
(WHILE RAZER DEVICES ALL PLUGGED!)
2.Unplug all Razer devices.
3.Uninstall Razer Synapse.
4.Restart.
5.Plug All Razer devices, Razer synapse will appear, let it download and install.
6.Restart after it's finished.
7.Done!! :D

mac2monster

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

This worked for me