[SOLVED] Razer kraken quartz headeset low audio quality

KiwiBlitz

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Hey

So i recently got the razer kraken quartz headset to use both at my pc and as headphones when i go out.
For a reason i have yet to discover the quality of the sound both when connected to my pc and when conected to my phone is very low. It sound somewhat muffeled.

I have found things people said works on pc but that hardly explains why even when connected to my phone it sounds this horrible. Did i pretty much get scammed by razer? None of my hyperx headsets ever had this issue and were good to go for both uses from the start.

Solution
I’ve had a few Razer headsets over the years ranging from bottom to top of the line. They have all been disappointing audio quality. I would not have bought the high end Kraken 7.1’s given my experience of the cheaper models but they were a gift. At one time I had a lot of Razer products, I now only have their rgb headphone stand and mouse mat. For audio if you want high quality then don’t go with a gaming headset. I now use AKG 712 Pros and they are just excellent. Cost less than the Krakens and vastly superior.
I’ve had a few Razer headsets over the years ranging from bottom to top of the line. They have all been disappointing audio quality. I would not have bought the high end Kraken 7.1’s given my experience of the cheaper models but they were a gift. At one time I had a lot of Razer products, I now only have their rgb headphone stand and mouse mat. For audio if you want high quality then don’t go with a gaming headset. I now use AKG 712 Pros and they are just excellent. Cost less than the Krakens and vastly superior.

Solution

KiwiBlitz

Commendable
Mar 8, 2019
Well let my mistake be a lesson for all who read this. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING RAZER THAT IS AUDIO RELATED THEY SUCK AT IT.

On that note if anyone can recommend me good headphones that don't look too boring feel free to reply.

On that note if anyone can recommend me good headphones that don't look too boring feel free to reply.
Form over function? Unfortunately the boring headsets perform better, they don’t need gimmicky looks. I’m yet to find a gaming headset that comes close to the AKG’s I mentioned and I doubt there will be one any time soon. I finally gave in and moved away from gaming headsets, I wish I had done it sooner.