Razer Lycosa Keyboard Defective; Replace Yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
no, not me, i'm specil i got this three-year-old piece of junk previouly used dell keyboard. cant type with this thing. whats more, whatever brilliant person used this ate while working. and yet its fully functional.

V3ctor

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I'm after this one...

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Products/ROCCAT-Valo/

Just waiting for it to come out...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]V3ctor[/nom]I'm after this one...http://www.roccat.org/Products/Products/ROCCAT-Valo/Just waiting for it to come out...[/citation]

That's an awesome looking keyboard... thanks for the link, I think I might just try that out as well when it ships. :)

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Still using a bottom-of-the-bin emachines keyboard that came with a pre-built from Jan 2007. It has never skipped a beat and I top leader boards constantly. Generally speaking, as long as someone hasn't been spilling soda on the keyboard and all the keys work, the requirements for any skill level of play have been met. It's all about the mouse.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I had an old wired Antec keyboard. After 5 years, I replaced it with a Wireless Microsoft keyboard. Been using that for 4 (almost 5) years now, and I still can't get used to the stupid F-lock. But still, both the Antec and Microsoft worked flawlessly, so some people do make quality keyboards at a reasonable price.

Glen Frick

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
If anyone is still affected by this early run of Razer Lycosas we will be happy to take care of you. Since these units were produced over a year ago most affected users have already been taken care of, but there maybe a couple of the old ones still around.

If you want to check the specs out of the Razer Lycosa as compared to a cheap keyboard, check out this link. http://www.razerzone.com/p-87-razer-lycosa-gaming-keyboard.aspx
Programmability, hyper response, back lit, anti ghosting etc

Anyone interested in the Lycosa may want to also check out the Lycosa Mirror. Same Lycosa inside but, with a different look and feel outside.

TheZander

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
You'll be happy to take care of me as long as I didn't lose my RECEIPT. I had one of those problem keyboards that displayed the issues above. I was outside my return policy, and I couldn't find a receipt. I went to Best Buy and we searched and searched for the transaction, but I paid cash, which is often difficult to track. Razer wouldn't do a damned thing for me. BEST BUY finally took the hit for this one and allowed me to exchange it for a good one outside the return policy.

If any of you buy Razer, the 2 year warranty means JACK CRAP unless you have your receipt. I called and I emailed. They would do nothing for me.

G

"If anyone is still affected by this early run of Razer Lycosas we will be happy to take care of you. Since these units were produced over a year ago most affected users have already been taken care of, but there maybe a couple of the old ones still around.

If you want to check the specs out of the Razer Lycosa as compared to a cheap keyboard, check out this link. http://www.razerzone.com/p-87-raze [...] board.aspx
Programmability, hyper response, back lit, anti ghosting etc

Anyone interested in the Lycosa may want to also check out the Lycosa Mirror. Same Lycosa inside but, with a different look and feel outside."

How about your customers in small countries like Croatia? I reported my problems,got a confirmation of a faulty keyboard 4 months ago and promises of a replacement. Since then NOTHING, not a word !!

Spathi

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
I had a G15 (gave it to my sister after three days, she gave it to mom)... really slow for playing games and like that roccat it has keys on the left side which I found makes the TAB,Shift,CTRL,qazwsxedcvrf keys useless for playing some types of fast reaction time online games comfortably. Old style Dell keyboards (with rubber cups under each key) are the best but they wear out after two or three years of pushing the same keys all day ;oP. I have not found any good new cheap or fancy lit keyboards... I tried dozens before the SS 6G.

voxicles

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
I ordered the mirror version a couple weeks ago, and even though they fixed the first batch of these, I still got one of the first batch somehow. Thanks new egg, for not returning the ones you had in stock after the recall. Mine arrived with floating keys, now when I press one of the few, no matter how clean my fingers are, they keys lift off. Slightly inconvenient. Touchpad does not work at all. I'd RMA it, but I've gotten so used to typing on this keyboard, that I can't stand to type on anything else for the 3 weeks it'd take to send in, and get back. It's BS that you have to pay extra money for receiving broken products. And does anyone know where to get a contact number, or email for razer? I've looked their site up and down, they have a contact support section, but it just takes you to FAQ sections, and the 'click here to send an email' link doesn't even do anything. On the bright side, the keyboard is dead sexy on my desktop, matches my death adder and n52te perfectly. Make sure you get one of the new batch, or you'll be paying for fancy features that do not work.

Glen Frick

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Hi Voxicles, The Mirror version should not be affected by any of these problems. Only a very small amount of Lycosas produced in 2007 had these issues. The Mirror was not made at that time. The vast majority of these should have already been sold to end users and vendors should not have these affected units in stock at this point in time. If you are still having trouble with your Mirror you can contact Razer Support at www.razersupport.com. At the bottom of each of the FAQs there is information on how to contact the support crew by phone or e-mail.

voxicles

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
Thanks for the reply Glen. The only reason I state that there must have been a bad batch of the mirror is because it turns out that quite a few people that got the Mirror with the S/N starting with 'MT084' have had the same problem. I did eventually find an email address and phone number just shortly ago, but it was quite a pain to find. Not really at the bottom of every FAQ page, or maybe I'm just blind. I know the only fix for the problem is to probably ship the keyboard back on my dime, then wait a few weeks, and that makes me sad :-( I might just end up living with the broken touchpad and glue the keys in place. Then again, I'm not really getting what I paid $80 for. First time any parts I've ordered online have arrived faulty. Guess I've just been lucky :p Alright, I'm done whining now lol

voxicles

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
[citation][nom]voxicles[/nom]Thanks for the reply Glen. The only reason I state that there must have been a bad batch of the mirror is because it turns out that quite a few people that got the Mirror with the S/N starting with 'MT084' have had the same problem. I did eventually find an email address and phone number just shortly ago, I must have kept overlooking it prior. I know the only fix for the problem is to probably ship the keyboard back on my dime, then wait a few weeks, and that makes me sad :-( I might just end up living with the broken touchpad and glue the keys in place. Then again, I'm not really getting what I paid $80 for. First time any parts I've ordered online have arrived faulty. Guess I've just been lucky :p Alright, I'm done whining now lol[/citation]

G

Wow, I just got my mirror today and the S/N starts with MT084 as well and guess what, the media touchpad doesn't work

Glen Frick

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
Any customer who is having any type of trouble with a Lycosa should contact Razer Support. Razer Support will be happy to assist you and make sure your problem is taken care of. To reach Razer Support go to www.razersupport.com. Once there, click on the technical support icon. You can then see a list of our products and their associated FAQs. If you cannot find your answer in the FAQs, you will find links to contact support at the bottom of each of the FAQs.

Please note that many Lycosa serial numbers will start with MT084 and the vast majority of them should not have any problems.

G

I have a lycosa mirror and my touchpad media keys are a pain as they randomly freak out and skip through all my songs and open the media player without me telling it too. There's also the most annoying problem, and that is that the keys just freeze. I'll be typing, and a random letter will just stop doing anything, or if I'm ingame, one of my WASD keys has a habit of freaking out aswell, it's usually D, so i end up running to my right untill i restart my machine which is really not what i payed £70 for.

Status
Not open for further replies.