Question Razer mouse double click/not registering click problem.

Rise_Of_War7

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hi, I have a Deathadder Elite which I bought almost 2 years ago. Of late, I've been facing a very weird issue. My LMB is double clicking, even when I click it only once. Sometimes when I'm holding down the LMB, the click doesn't register for a second or two. Any possible fix for this or do I have to buy a new mouse? I mainly use it for CS:GO and Apex Legends, so which mouse would you recommend, though I'd prefer trying to fix this mouse. Thank you in advance.

Saw the title of this thread, and had a fairly good guess as to which mouse you owned without even looking.

The deathadder reliably develops this issue. My old one did it (2013 model) and Ive seen it happen with friends on the 2014, 2015, 2016, chroma, and chroma II models. It is also common to see online as well.

If its under warranty, you can get a new one in the mean time, but in the long run you are going to want a new mouse.

Rise_Of_War7

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Saw the title of this thread, and had a fairly good guess as to which mouse you owned without even looking.

The deathadder reliably develops this issue. My old one did it (2013 model) and Ive seen it happen with friends on the 2014, 2015, 2016, chroma, and chroma II models. It is also common to see online as well.

If its under warranty, you can get a new one in the mean time, but in the long run you are going to want a new mouse.
I don't think it's under warranty, been almost 2 years now. Which mouse would you suggest? And before that, is there any diy solution to this ?

When I did the research on it, the only solution would be a new switch, but that is not readily replaceable or available for purchase.

I moved from the deathadder to a Corsair M65, its a great mouse and substantially better than the deathadder in build quality and performance. That mouse is going on 6 years now with no issue.

Reactions: Rise_Of_War7

Rise_Of_War7

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
When I did the research on it, the only solution would be a new switch, but that is not readily replaceable or available for purchase.

I moved from the deathadder to a Corsair M65, its a great mouse and substantially better than the deathadder in build quality and performance. That mouse is going on 6 years now with no issue.
Hmmm alright I'll look into it thanks!

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
One of my old razer mice did this (naga, I think) . I took it apart and squirted some contact cleaner on the button. This helped for a while but I had to keep reapplying it every now and then.

Last edited: