Razer Synapse not detecting my Razer devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash_2

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
You wonderful people help me solve my last issue so I'm here again, also because Razer support is terrible.

TL;DR : Bought brand new razer mouse/keyboard, can't install drivers, Razer Synapse is installed and updated however it's not detecting the devices. Lots of troubleshooting has been performed to no avail.

I've recently built a new computer from scratch and bought the Razer Blackwiddow TE Chroma (keyboard) and Razer Deathadder Chroma (mouse) to go with it. I was really looking forward to having a decent keyboard and mouse for once, however upon installing windows 7 and attempting to browse the web, I notice my mouse wheel isn't working. So I think to myself, "I haven't installed the drivers, duh!" so I go to device manager to see what is installed and it's just the standard "Microsoft PS/2 Mouse" which is kind of funny because it's a USB mouse (I do have a PS/2 slot on my MB however". Under other devices I have listed 2x "USB Controller".

"No worries" poor, naive past me thinks; "I'll just go to the razer website and download the drivers!" So I google "Razer drivers" which leads me to here which actually looks like a legit place to download drivers - which is exactly what you they want you to believe! If you go through the directories you will find merely a "master guide" which is basically a PDF that tells you to download synapse, sign up and then how to use synapse - perhaps a master guide on how to make things more difficult than they need to be.

Moving on, I download synapse from the link in the guide. Wait for it to install, prompted with a log in screen and I think "Why do I need to "log in" to install my drivers, I already paid for your product, whatever third party bloat ware is nothing new." so I sign up and it asks me for my address, name and phone number "wtf? why do you need that for my mouse and keyboard!?" then I consider, well for warranty purposes it's probably not a bad idea if something breaks and I need to replace it, these were expensive products. So I give them my details, create an account and eventually sign in to synapse.

I was greeted with "For the full experience, please connect a razer synapse enabled device." but I have!?!?
So this is when I get a little annoyed and start some troubleshooting:

- Unplugged it and put it all back in different USB slots.
- Uninstalled synapse, re-installed and rebooted my machine.
- Uninstalled, disconnected the devices, attached my old microsoft ones, deleted the razer folders in program files and program data, disabled anti-virus and firewall, re-installed, rebooted my machine, confirmed anti-virus/firewall were still disabled, disconnected keyboard, connected razer keyboard, loaded up synapse let it do its thing and still "please connect a synapse enabled device" so I disconnected the microsoft mouse and connected the razer one, nothing.
> check for updates "your software is to date".
- Did some googling came upon a link to download synapse from a post on here, followed it, downloaded v2.20.15.804 (Previously I had 2.20.15.707 which I guess could have been updated after installation) so I downloaded this and repeated the steps above.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have a feeling that for whatever reason, razer isn't picking up that they're razer products because windows has recognized it as a plug and play device and is using the standard drivers for that, so my computer searches for razer devices and comes back and tells synapse "no razer devices found, we have generic mouse and keyboard devices though which are working fine"

Any ideas/suggestions? I've tried a few things I haven't mentioned but these were the main things.
I will be sending an email to razer support but they have made something that should be simple, way more difficult than it should be and why? to monopolize the capabilities of their products? It's like microsoft and what they tried to do with the xbox, you can't use it unless you're on the internet and signed in to live. I've already paid over $200 for your products, I should be able to install the god damn drivers without having to sign up and install a program I don't want. I just want to be able to use all the buttons on the mouse and the mouse wheel, but I can't because razer has made it impossible to install the drivers without their POS bloatware.

Apologies for the wall of text, I'm actually pretty pissed off this has been so difficult.

Solution
In case anyone else comes across this post experiencing the same issue, please excuse my venting in the original post, I was very frustrated.
The solution however was to update my mother boards USB drivers from the manufacturers website.

Crash_2

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Just performed the troubleshooting I found here which did nothing. I also emailed them via their support page (max 500 characters so couldn't even describe all the troubleshooting I performed) so hopefully they will be able to help me

Crash_2

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
In case anyone else comes across this post experiencing the same issue, please excuse my venting in the original post, I was very frustrated.
The solution however was to update my mother boards USB drivers from the manufacturers website.

Solution

winder

Reputable
Oct 17, 2015

i too am very frustrated, im having a similar issue except my windows detects my razer keyboard. Says its name and every thing. Synapse still wont detect it. The other problem im having is synapse wont update. just say that i should connect my pc to the internet. Which it is. But thats what im dealing wtih. Glad you fixed your issue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.