Razer's Second-Generation Blade Notebook Review: Focusing On The Z

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
For $200 less than this Windows machine I would choose a Apple 15-inch: Core i7 2.4GHz with Retina display with 2880 x 1800 pixels and it comes with a 256Gb SSD too. If I had to infect it with MS software I could always bootcamp it.

Wask

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
Oh no not the lost tribe of the fruit themed toy maker Apple. Now the prophet Jobbs has come down from mt cappuccino for the last time and Samsung are ripping your tribe a new one... Be off with your retina whats the point on a tiny 15" screen? Unless you use photoshop(the only thing a mac has ever been good for)professionally it is a completely over the top, the retina is available only to appease these hardcore macite photoshoppers complete waste of money otherwise...

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Wait a minute, the most memorable thing about this whole article has to be: "Razer requested that we not remove it (the bottom panel)." I don't know if I'm more surprised with their request, or the fact that Tom's actually refrained from opening this bad boy up (as far as we know). This is the first hardware review I have read in 8+ years of reading THG that they actually weren't allowed to open the device and show us the goods. If it's some proprietary design aspect they're worried about, they have to know someone will surely post a teardown video on YouTube almost immediately. I wonder what the reasoning behind this is.

Wask

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
[citation][nom]face-plants[/nom]Wait a minute, the most memorable thing about this whole article has to be: "Razer requested that we not remove it (the bottom panel)." I don't know if I'm more surprised with their request, or the fact that Tom's actually refrained from opening this bad boy up (as far as we know). This is the first hardware review I have read in 8+ years of reading THG that they actually weren't allowed to open the device and show us the goods. If it's some proprietary design aspect they're worried about, they have to know someone will surely post a teardown video on YouTube almost immediately. I wonder what the reasoning behind this is.[/citation]

Many owners have opened it and upgraded ther hdd to 512 ssd 256 msata. 16gb memory is possible but awkward as you have to remove the mobo to get at the 2 slots you could also upgrade the wifi card easily...

bokeh

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

Razer seems to have done a good job at keeping pics and videos of the Blade's internals offline. Quick searches for teardown images or videos show nothing out there. What I should have done is had it x-rayed, but I did not think of it before Razer needed the machine back.

Wask

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
[citation][nom]bokeh[/nom]Razer seems to have done a good job at keeping pics and videos of the Blade's internals offline. Quick searches for teardown images or videos show nothing out there. What I should have done is had it x-rayed, but I did not think of it before Razer needed the machine back.[/citation]

If you go to NOTEBOOKREVIEW.COM 'RAZER BLADE OWNERS LOUNGE' thread and start with posts made in december12 and scroll thru until say march13 there is a post with comprehensive photos of the internals... sorry but i cannot be arsed to find exact page for you...

g-unit1111

Titan
[citation][nom]longshotthe1st[/nom]If you think Jeff's story was amazing, I just made over hahaha just kidding. I vote for the Sager np9170, more bang for the buck.[/citation]

I see what you did there! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.