Hello,

I need t re install XP home Sp1 after a hard drive failure.

Will the original serials work, do I need to contact microsoft for new ones?
If so how do I get in touch, I have just spent 92 minutes on the phone
waiting for them to pick up and in the end they cut me off!

Hi

You use the PK that came with the XP CD that you have. Dependent on the
type of XP CD that you do have, the following article by Michael Stevens
will show you how to perform a 'Clean' install of XP:

"Clean Install Windows XP"

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups