Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Bill, or anyone, I need help (again?) I was able to place some insignia
and unit names on the C-130 because when opening the texture folder the
parts were all there waiting to be painted.

BUT, When I want to paint over some markings on an AH-1 I get some sort
of weird lines and colors instead of a picture of a tailboom. I'm
pretty sure you are going to tell me it's created using some space age
program but I'd like to know.

Here are the pictures of what I want to erase and a picture I get when I
open the "main_texture.BMP in the aircraft texture folder.

http://xs21.xs.to/pics/05126/ah1s.jpg

http://xs21.xs.to/pics/05126/ah1s-main-bmp.jpg

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

For starter you will need a program like DXTBMP (MW Graphics).
http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm
Here is a quick link to get you started:
http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/p38tex.htm
I'm sure there are better. It's been a while since I repainted a plane but you will also want a better graphics editor
than Paint. Corel's (JASC) PSP is fairly inexpensive.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message news:sl71e.41668$8D.9099@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> Bill, or anyone, I need help (again?) I was able to place some insignia and unit names on the C-130 because when
> opening the texture folder the parts were all there waiting to be painted.
>
> BUT, When I want to paint over some markings on an AH-1 I get some sort of weird lines and colors instead of a picture
> of a tailboom. I'm pretty sure you are going to tell me it's created using some space age program but I'd like to
> know.
>

> Here are the pictures of what I want to erase and a picture I get when I open the "main_texture.BMP in the aircraft
> texture folder.
>
> http://xs21.xs.to/pics/05126/ah1s.jpg
>
> http://xs21.xs.to/pics/05126/ah1s-main-bmp.jpg
>
> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Carl Frisk wrote:

> For starter you will need a program like DXTBMP (MW Graphics).
> http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm
> Here is a quick link to get you started:
> http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/p38tex.htm
> I'm sure there are better. It's been a while since I repainted a plane
> but you will also want a better graphics editor than Paint. Corel's
> (JASC) PSP is fairly inexpensive.

Thanks Carl.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

boB wrote:

> Carl Frisk wrote:
>
>> For starter you will need a program like DXTBMP (MW Graphics).
>> http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm
>> Here is a quick link to get you started:
>> http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/p38tex.htm
>> I'm sure there are better. It's been a while since I repainted a
>> plane but you will also want a better graphics editor than Paint.
>> Corel's (JASC) PSP is fairly inexpensive.
>>

> Thanks Carl.

That did it. After some reading and trial and error, I was able to
re-paint the portion I wanted. Thanks again.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Happy flying.